Foodle Is Oodles Of Fun

The innovative factor about the Foodle is that it brings oodles of fun to doodling on the dinner table. The set consists of fork, knife and spoon heads that fit snugly over color pencils, and a pad of paper placemats that double up as a doodle board. I’ve seen placemats as puzzle games in family restaurants, but the Foodle goes a step ahead to include a creative cutlery design to make a complete package deal. Good enough for the home and the next door diner as well.

Designer: Peter Dalton

Foodle – Knife, Fork, Color Pencils And Doodle Placemat Set For Children by Peter Dalton

foodle2

foodle3

• Ja says:

Other than the safety (cut, swallow, colors) when little children are handling them, I doubt whether the kid’s cognitive development will be confused as children should learn to classify different tools and understand each of their applications. Integrated 2-in-1 design may just suitable for the youngster or mature but they are no longer interested on doodling any more.

• Noel says:

yeah… lets make the fork and knife a toy for kids to play…

knifes and forks are NOT SAFE!

beside than playing, deciplin is also a very important factor in growth!

• Icram says:

I would like to see a picture of the concept with a plate and/or food. Why is missed this little big detail ? Then… where do you draw? There are no space with a plate on the board … I don´t think I will be very useful. Sorry.

• User Interface Desig says:

Ok, well the designer doesnt have kids as we can see. The concept while it may seem cool is a huge failure. It gets this rating for various different designs, but one of the biggest is the designer didnt get in touch with the intended users; by the way, it isnt the kids.

Kids have the attention span of a nat. I know. I have a 4 year old son and a 16 month old son; with a 13 year old daughter tossed in for sprinkles. Sitting at any table and keeping attention focused on the task at hand eating is one of the most challenging.

You want to design something that would make eating dinner fun and also teach something? Design a utensil that will teach kids how to properly hold them i.e. not the cave man grasp. Learn about bio-mechanics first. How the wrist moves. Look at what age kids start to learn to hold a utensil like a “grown-up” and go from there.

• Corto says:

Fail.

• sk says:

i like my baby as it is. with both eyes.

• I am agree what Noel says knifes and forks are NOT SAFE for kids.Need some corrections.

• laz says:

Looks great, my children would love this! WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?

• User Interface Designer says:

• Looks dangerous if the kids decided to place the color pencils in their mouths instead or having forks/knives poking into their eyes by accident.

• Soulfargone says:

I think it is Rockin’ and actually would totally love to buy one! My son would dig it. Good Job.

• The Light House is a loving, caring and sharing place to be –
    we donate 10% of our profit to a housing charity.