Wasteful Minimalism

Just trash it! This waste bin is amazing. It’s basically made of nothing. It’s minimalism maximized without being a displeasing amount of simple. Make sense? I mean it looks nice. It’s not just a barrel. It’s got a cover, but it opens up in an extremely clever way. It’s basically exactly what’s up in the garbage bin hood.

Oscar would agree, this particular bin is just exquisite. I do wonder how it would look with a removable garbage bag placed in the bucket there. Would it be then ugly? Mayhap. Grace Youngeun Lee has here a bin for consideration. Simplicity it is.

Designer: Grace Youngeun Lee

• dumb says:

This is dumb.

Design, is ok. but to say, in any way, that this is minimal, is wrong.

A circle has the smallest circumference / area ratio.

Therefore, this uses more materials in creating the area required to hold trash.

• M.S.W. says:

It appears the reviewer is using the word “minimalism” to refer to how many parts the design needs to have the foot activated waste bin both work, as well as how little manufacturing steps is needed to produce the finished product.

This design requires only TWO pieces of flat sheet material to be produced. ( Eco-minded can be sourced from 100% recycled material)

From a material useage POV the traditional circle lid covered foot activated can uses at least FIVE pieces of material to produce the same functional unit.

• exppie says:

It’s great, very clever. Want it.

• J Dizzle says:

That IS clever. Way less moving parts than the traditional step to open trash can.

I wonder if it would fit that crushable trash can from last week?

• I Contreras says:

Just great I like it, very simple.

• LeonW says:

i like it very much.
    but I think, there could be some difficulties when the bin is getting full and hence: heavy. bad leverage i guess…

• tom says:

great design – and im not to sure how you think this in not minimal…2 part – no ‘un-needed’ curves or excess material…

in short perfect..great work.

• Hanbitz says:

Has a very nice design and yet it’s so simple! I don’t think most people would care to how it would look with plastic bags on, but in short terms, it’s a keep compared to the other daily disposals we use based on the design and the simplicity of the form it keeps to work!

• ahmet bektes says:

cool but minimal is without garbage!

• Dumb_Dumb says:

really nice design!

• asker says:

I’d love to have a design like this in our country. Does this product have a patent? Is there a way I can reach Ms. Grace?

• Lexi says:

So simple, yet so clever. Why haven’t anyone thought of it? I’m glad you did! If this is out in the market, I’d definately buy it.

• Cristina says:

How can I buy this?

Thanks.

• Celeste says:

I read this post fully on the topic of the comparison of hottest and earlier technologies, it’s remarkable article.

• It’s wonderful that you are getting ideas from this
    post as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

• Mariel says:

Usually I do not learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it!

Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great post.