Save Water, Every Drop Of It

We jabber quite a bit about conservation and how we need to respect the environment, but the number of people who actually go out of the way to practice what they preach is very limited. If you are the preachy sort who kinda wants to crossover to the action group, then you need to check this Every Drop Counts Water Meter. This is a device that will meter your water usage plus detect running, dripping & leaky pipes, without drying up your pockets!

The meter clamps onto the pipe and does not interfere with the water-flow system. Easy and cost effective installation coupled with inexpensive (low cost per unit) components, makes the meter a viable device. The system automatically relays all the relevant data to the detachable display. Info displayed includes how much water you use and where are you using it, and the tap water temperature.

This is what the designer has to say about Every Drop Counts:

“Imagine all European cities cutting their water consumption down by 20 percent within a few years. The Every Drop Counts meter is aiming for just that. Based on cost allocation technology that has proven to save between 20 and 30 percent of heating consumption where applied, combined with a known method for detecting water leakages this new concept for water metering has a host of advantages over traditional water meters.”

Designer: Ulrik Svenningsen

• charles says:

This item is cool. This concept is not just designed to nice show. Through the scientific method, shows good results in difficult times.

• Todd says:

If only lakes and ponds had one of these to detect absorption into the ground. If only the oceans had these to detect evaporation. If only every field could detect the water soaking in after morning dew. Almost makes you think that water is always going to be around despite eco-loonies desperate desire to sell us eco-crap

• Luke says:

Water is always going to be around. Relatively unpolluted fresh water? That’s a commodity that can be exhausted if we tax it too hard.

• aaa says:

I love this latest luxury product really very nice product and blog is very cool

• TBoi says:

Too bad you can’t buy it anywhere. I live in a San Diego apt complex, where they’re trying to charge us for water usage. However, I’m one of the few who really IS concerned with water consumptions, and take care not to use too much. It’d be interesting to see how much I use, in comparison to how much they’re charging me!!!

• TBoi says:

• Ong Guo Rong says:

Hi

Can I check is this just a conceptual design or the product is available for sale? I stay in Singapore and would want to purhcase one of this for trial. Thanks.

Regards

Guorong

• Ong Guo Rong says:

Hi

Regards

Guorong

• Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to go back the desire?.I am attempting to
    find issues to enhance my web site!I suppose its adequate
    to use a few of your ideas!!