Ode to Das Wine Boot

Oh, Das Wine Boot, how I wish theoretical science did work perfectly in sync with real-world physics. The three minds at Kyouei Design contain at the very least thrice the creativity that my fake-German brain does – evident here in the wine-holding “Glass Tank.” Get the wine in that bubble and you’ll be booting your way to strange wineglass supremacy. An eye opener, to be sure… or maybe an eye closer? How much you drinking?

As you can see below, it works perfectly. Drink more than your share of wine in one shot. I should suppose that red win looks best. Watch out for the bubble. Train for winefest. Train well.

Big ups to DVice for the wine findery.

Designer: Kyouei Design

• ▃▃§ says:

I see this as a fish tank.
    slide in a small fish, plants and fill up water,
    let the fish grow,
    dirt comes out at the bottom…
    when the fish grow too big,
    broke it and release it.

• ▃▃§ says:

I see this as a fish tank.
    slide in a small fish, plants and fill up water,
    let the fish grow,
    dirt comes out at the bottom…
    when the fish grow too big,
    broke it and release it.

• wtyang24 says:

i hate to be gross and nasty, but the shape of the bulge reminds me of a tick. >< besides, who wants to carry around all that wine when conversing? must get tiresome after a while.

• nancyJ says:

how to input?

• loumalou says:

Hum, it’s impossible.Someone with basic knowledge of phisics know this.

• Elaine says:

Yeah,it can not work this way.The air pressure will make the two levels the same.

• sims says:

Loumalou you’re right! This’s absolutely stupid!

• Pisshead says:

I want a set! They would be a great conversation starter. (nancyj to fill – use a thin plastic hose and siphon the wine in)

• Tomathy says:

There are some ignoramuses here. It is possible. There is a vacuum in the bulb, which prevents the wine from rising to the same level as the bulb in the cup.

Take a straw, dip it in water, plug up the top with your thumb, and pick the straw up. What happens to the water inside the straw? It stays inside. Same this is going on here.

• Elaine says:

But you see, the design means when you drink from the glass,the air will go into the top of the left bottle,and more wine will go to the little glass. So it’s obvious that there is no any kind of vacuum in the bulb. If there is a vacuum in the bulb, it won’t be so easy that you just “drink” from the glass, you need to “suck” the wine,just like the straw you mentioned.

• Elaine says:

As you said the straw, isn’t it a little hard to s.u.ck the water out of the straw when your thumb is still on the top of the straw?? The same here.

• Elaine says:

and the glass here, it’s open to the air, so it’s impossible to form a vacuum in the bulb.

• Harry says:

Thank you.

• Harry says:

Thank you.

• Elaine says:

If there really is a vacuum in the bulb, you need to “suck” the wine,not “drink” it.You see the pic shows that when you drink from the glass, the air will go into the left bottle, and more wine get into the glass. If there is a vacuum, the exchange of the air and wine won’t be so easy when you just “drink” it. So it’s just impossible, maybe some new technic can make it, but I’m sure it works not so easy.

• loumalou says:

And is so heavy to use with only one hand, and more…

• Elaine says:

If there is a vacuum in the bulb,you should “s.u.ck” the wine(forgive me to write it this way, and no offence), not just “drink” it. You see the pic shows that when you drink from the glass the air will go into the tank, and more wine will get into the glass. If there is a vacuum, the exchange won’t be so easy if you just pour the wine into your mouth.

• Henrique Staino says:

This doesn’t work. It surprises me to see something with such an elementar mistake reviewed here.

• Filip says:

this must weight a lot

• charles says:

Where should use …

• donald says:

what we’re missing here in this conversation is why anyone would need to carry a bottle of wine around with them anyway – shouldn’t a couple of glasses do? Call me a puritan but I think if I walked around any respectable social gathering with that in my hands people would assume I’m a raging alcoholic. That’s why I HIDE my flask in my jacket pocket.

• krimsonite says:

Beside physics, how to refill?

• Paim says:

I'm sorry but there's just no reference about the size of the glass… that's just wrong…there isn't even a hand beside the glass for us to compare…

• Paim says:

And If you are walking with this glass in a party ther's a big chance that's some wine will drop and ruin that beautiful carpet of the owner's house.

• Melinda says:

It is possible, look at a barometer. The liquid seals the part where air can get in, which prevents the liquid from flowing, the air pressure controls how high the liquid is pushed back into the tank. Ever shot gun a beer? you put a hole in the bottom, then you pop the tab. If you don’t open up the top of the can the liquid comes our very slowly.

• This is all good, but in the end only you can make decisions
    about your kitchen renovation. Patch Small Holes in Drywall Home Improvement Project.

An update sink fixture with great looking knobs can instantly update a plain and outdated kitchen counter and sink area.

• No need to replace hoses, fittings, pumps or expensive equipment.

Simply rub your finger-tips up and down about ten times and then rub them
    from the corners of your eyes outwards. As
    an aside this is not true in all cultures; in Japan for example a suntan is regarded as somewhat low class and Farmers and fisher folk are often sun tanned.

• Quite a few treatment centers impose as per the time required each meeting.
    However, it comes with a relatively steep price tag of $500 or more.
    There are a number of lasers used to remove locks like Ruby
    aesthetic laser, Alexandrite laser, Pulsed diode array, Aragon aesthetic laser as well as Nd:YAG.