Kitchen on Wheels, Natch!

One of the top entrants in this year’s Electrolux design contest is the Kitchen Drawer. Designed for the internet generation – you know the type, always connected, always mobile, and most likely living in urban areas where space is a commodity.

There are four main parts to this product; a stainless plate for meal prep and warming, an electric stove for cooking, a dish drawer for storage, and a mini-fridge. If it looks like a filing cabinet, don’t hate – it’s supposed to slip under your desk. This is perfect for someone who eats at the desk, like I am doing now. Mmm. . . ramen.

Designer: Nojae Park

Stainless plate – User can put dishes or fry pan here when eat.

Electric Stove

Dish drawer

Refrigerator

User can select proper size of heat according to their pot size.
It helps to prevent from wasting unused heat.

If user open the plate or pull back the stove, switch is automatically turned off.

• Vincent says:

Lets say your frying bacon, and you decide that you need to fry up some eggs as well.

When hot grease is splattering everywhere, would you want to bend over and grab a carton of eggs in the fridge directly under the stove?

• powers says:

Who on earth is going to be frying bacon and eggs at their office desk? I mean this looks hot and all, it seems like such a good idea, but it’s so ludicrous! I can see this wank frying up eggs some ill fated Monday morning… Boss walks in… What the?… Hamilton! YOU’RE FIRED! Might work in a more creative environment tho. Hope the top surface is super heat resistant, cause people will be setting that hot skillet on it. Maybe energy could be harvested somehow between the hot and cold there.. a little thermal turbine… eh.. never mind.

• zippyflounder says:

“internet generation”…dey dont cook, dey nuke…this is such a miss its not even funny for all of the above reasons.

• zuy says:

i’m OK with zippyflounder but kitchen drawer on wheels is a great innovation near a geek desk but you need a special floor for kitchen…and micro wave is better…

• zuy says:

see also Coox a rollaway cooking table, by Antoine Lebrun, L’Ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique, France in the lest selection of Electrolux competition 08…

• zuy says:

i dunnot see that the two projects were on the finalist list of electrolux 08

• Jeremy says:

I think this is brilliant. Especially for people who live in lofts or in houses with lots of roomates. Someone is cooking in the kitchen or you just want to stay in your room and you can! A lot of rental lofts make you responsible for buying your fridge and stove and this is a nice compact solution. A lot of people don’t really cook at home and this is also a great part time solution.

Having it mobile and compact is amazing.

• Dave says:

Vincent,
    Decide first what you’re going to be cooking and there won’t be a problem. Ever heard of a LID on the pan? NO grease in eyes…

• aaaa says:

I love this design and blog

• The pictures are hot. I mean absolutely stylish. I like to thank for the designer.

• Arif Shaik says:

I like the plan of you site. The attraction fo this site is the plan has been posted. Thank you for your tip sir. i like to visit the site again. Its been a pleasure to vist you site.

• Arif Shaik says:

• MELISSA says:

I would love to get this for my caravan. It's perfect for a travel trailer/RV

• MELISSA says:

I would love to get this for my caravan. It's perfect for a travel trailer/RV

• Tissy says:

LOVE this idea, but I believe using an induction cooktop would be better. Awesome use of space; especially for a #TinyHouse #TinyHouseLiving, an RV, dorm room, or efficiency apmt.

• Daniel says:

How do I order this, I’d love to get it asap
    NB
    Can’t seem to find the price.