Feeling hot hot hot

We all remember that little home invader/burglar Goldilocks and her serious issues with gauging temperature. “Too hot, too cold….” blah blah blah, shut it you delinquent! Designer Kai Chen has invented a little what’s hot/what’s not meter that takes all the guess work out of getting into your bathtub. “Bath Safeguard” is a neat little electronic bath plug device that measures the temperature of the water and emits a color glow reflecting the current conditions of the water. When not in use, place it back on the magnetic induction recharger base. Made of waterproof silicon this item is sure to see production…and at least shut that little tramp up.

Designer: Kai Chen

• eric says:

looks awesome.
    only question is whether or not the silicon body would really mold to the drain to create a tight seal

• Chris says:

lovely thing

looks like the modern version of the color changing stickers we had back in the 80s, and well thats probably my only point of critics, in terms of GREEN DESIGN wouldnt it be more eco-friendly to use a heat sensitive color strip instead of all that electronics (battery, circuit board, inductive coils,..)
    please don’t stone me but as this thing is sealed (what is good for the electronics) ther is probably no way of changing the battery (as apple refuses on its ipods)

ok after all that negative stuff

+clear design
    +good visible
    +intuitive

keep it on

• Keandre Espina says:

there's no need to change the batteries it's got an induction charging base

• Keandre Espina says:

there's no need to change the batteries it's got an induction charging base

• wow it seems that it has so many utilities

• deanween8 says:

fantastic. looks beautiful and seems most definitely feasible. good work mate.

• Def says:

Nice, but is it visible through the bathfoam? I am used to alot of foam.

• zippyflounder says:

unlikely, that takes a LOT of lumens and the battery pack just dont have that kinda wallop…if it did…yikes

• Iron Man says:

not all tubs have drains that are open. especially in new builds.

what do u do with it then? just have it kinda float around in the bathtub?

Like the idea.

Next version, have a disco ball fall from the ceiling where you plug your ipod into and it wireless sends commands to the temperature gauge and it changes its color according to the music.

• Anna Churchill says:

Uhhhh. No.

This is the most unsustainable, unnecessary gadget ever conceived.

Think of all the components used in its manufacture and the impact.

And for what? Because some middle class sod is too lazy and too dumb to test the water from the taps as one does BEFORE putting the plug in?

Back to the drawing board

• Jeff Reed says:

You’re stupid. And your reference to “middle class” proves it. Please do the world a big favor and never again express your opinion unless someone can give you a valid and scholastic thought.

• jon says:

This is actually a need? Put your foot in! That’s it! That’s all you need! If we start needing this object to feel careful about our bath time, then what will come next? Protective gloves for washing our hands? Safety hats for blow drying our hair? This is a gimmick. It is nothing more than that–except, perhaps, a neat gimmick. But please, do not tell me that it is dangerous to take a bath without it. Market it as a unnecessary, but neat gimmick and then maybe, I wouldn’t be so frustrated by it.

• Lu'ay says:

its a nice little product but its not REALLY neccicery, but i would imagine it could create a nice relaxing atmosphere with the glowing lights, we can critisize it all we want but at the end of the day its a luxury item, and im sure as hell not gonna tell people how to spend their money!

• Lu'ay says:

• Shiella says:

Good for preparing baby bath as it can avoid the water too hot and too cold.

• Reminds me of the bluetooth headsets for mobile phones. A good idea at first sight but it is already enough headache to keep your mobile charged at all times, you also need to charge your headset, and now your bathsafe guard !! It might be a good idea as an option in whirlpool bathtubs if it comes together with the system…

For sure we are seeing more and more LED in the bathroom. In taps, in chromatherapy systems, etc… but look for the systems that are powered by turbines using the water flow.

• Seizure says:

I have never stopped to think that I could use a gadget that tested the temperature of my bath water after knowingly setting the water to hot or cold. Manage to throw the dial all the way to hot and not stop to think that it might scald you? That’s okay, there’s probably going to be a whole lot of steam rising from that piping hot water, which should probably tell you it’s going to be hot. Ignoring this, the first instinct is to naturally throw the baby in afterward without touching the water. Stupid gadget.

• Sacuro says:

shut up and take my money

• Find all the newest new and Movie Reviews at Movie Vault.
    They invoke the same kind of interest to their audiences; however this time around, it would be
    through the web medium, instead of a movie theatre
    preview. It takes a lot of energy to hold all this information in place and as we get older and our bodily and energy systems
    lose their resilience, so we struggle to hold
    onto this negative energy.

• I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% positive.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Greate post. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and for my part recommend
    to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

• Ch88os says: