Sony Cybershot Snap Is Leathery

These excellent renders are just a concept Sony Cybershot camera dubbed ‘Snap’. Inspired by a man’s wallet, the surface is covered in leather. Like other ultra compact Cybershot cameras, you slide the cover to activate, only it pivots from a corner for easy one handed operation. Outside of that, it’s just another run-of-the-mill Cybershot. What do you think? Yay or nay?

Designer: Young Hwan Kim

• ModuleS says:

I can’t really tell from the renders as to what the dimensions are but if it is a wallet based where it’s easy to slip into my jeans than I am all for it. The leather should make it easy to slip in comfortably.

• newmarket says:

Simply excellent design

• New Market says:

Like this concept! But it didn’t shows where the lens is…

• eebudee says:

this is awesome and sleek. i would use this. i’m tired of looking like a tourist where ever i go. i love the inconspicuous shots where I can get candids and relatively personal moments without looking like a wierdo.

• mariess says:

its called snap because thats exactly what it would do if you slipped it in your back pocket and sat down….
    but seriously i have been looking everywhere for a camera that is super slim so i can carry it around everywhere but one that i can still have full control over aperture shutter speed iso and has a good size mega pixel, when sony can do that then ill be really interested.

• Dobie says:

that cover makes it impossible to set the camera down on any flat surface to take a steady shot.

and to one of the comments above, I believe that is the lens showing, the viewfinder optic is to the left, and flash on the right

• jin woo han says:

hi, I’m going to go to Aus next month.
    So I’m glad if we meet in sydney:) call you

• Lim says:

Hahaha Dobie creates out certan point of usage, and personally i think this design is not much of something new.

It you taking about one hand operation, http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/02/T100_Red_style_lg.jpg this design still much better then the one we have here, and it still cna be one hand operated.

And yet the designer of this camera does not shows any innovative solution for the operation at the back camera, really making it to one hand operation. Personally, still alot more to be done in this design πŸ˜€

• Christine says:

I think that this one-handed design from the corner is much better than the up-down one you have shown in your link. Considering hte pivoting angle of our thumb, the corner slide is a much much better solution. I find the up-down style really hard to slide open, in fact, it’s really annoying.

• Minas says:

With it’s wallet-look it’s very possible that Snap will easily attract male customers.

• Freshome says:

Cool, sneaky James Bond gadget πŸ™‚

• min says:

wow! μ†Œλ‹ˆ λ””μžμΈλ³΄λ‹€ μ’‹λ„€μš”…

• Grim says:

But who wants a camera that looks like a wallet? Why do they keep trying to make products that look like other products?

Okay, it’s just a concept. The green one is pretty. But it’s a nay.

• Bego says:

A Big Yay!..I like it, Really cool but i hope it’s not a TOUCH screen.I hate the ink / smudge on the Screen when touched..How do i get One ?

• mino says:

A BIG WONDERFULL YAY! Love It.

• Chosungwoo says:

ν˜•λ‹˜ 이글 λ³΄μ‹œλ©΄ κΌ­ μ—°λ½μ«Œ μ£Όμ„Έμš”β€¦[email protected] μž…λ‹ˆλ‹€β€¦

• Flow says: