Practice Plant

I’m no green thumb, have never been good at growing plants, and the only thing that seems to stay alive is my cactus which by the way fights everyday against my dog. The Flower Nurse is an artificial potted plant by where flowers take on the form on information expressing its needs via color changes. Each flower displays a single barometric reading whilst the droop of the leaves indicate when it’s time to pay more attention and figure out what’s wrong.

Designer: QianJun Gao

T (temperature), H (degree of humidity) & Q2 (amount of oxygen)

• igreenspot says:

oh come on, let’s grow a real flower, it’s not really that difficult, why use fake one ?

• Gwenny says:

How many real flowers do you know that have digital climate readouts? This is cute. I don’t want one, though. I’m still stressing out about my Fluff on Facebook. This might give me a full blown anxiety attack. 😀

• Not everyone has a green thumb. I can't keep plants alive at all. I'd love a practice plant so I don't keep killing innocent real ones.

• Hat says:

It’s a geek plant! I love it!

• Wow – Now, if we only had a version of this with children, so we could raise them virtually first nefore trying the real thing… SimParenting…

• As you can see I did exactly the same proyect 10 years ago when I was studiying at the Royal College of Art. The proyect was review in various News Papres like the Daily Express.
    My plant is shown in my web page.

• Susan Peterson says:

That is excellent, did you copyright your plant? I like the design of yours much better.

• Susan Peterson says:

• leo says:

It’s like a real plant.

• Tamoko Pakeha says:

I like it. Its a more tactile version of the 90’s Tamagotchi toys. Virtual plants that double a a sim-game. It would be a great office desk toy.

• Kenneth says:

Where & how can I buy this flower ?

• hasan says:

where can i buy this

• hasan says:

where can i buy this

• Rachel says:

Well since it’s called a “practice” plant I think the point is for people like me who kill everything we touch. This is so cute and it might actually help me figure out how to keep a real one alive. And it is not easy for me!

• Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will
    just bookmark this blog.

• Anonymous says:

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like
    to have you share some stories/information.

I know my visitors would enjoy your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.