A Watch That Alarms You

Designer Nikita Golovlev has created a watch for the hearing impaired. AlarMe is a very unique and stylish design that has the ability to alert those who cannot hear an audible alarm by vibration on the watch. The watch has two built in multidirectional microphones that measure the surrounding ambient sound levels. Once the sound changes frequency, the vibrating alarm alerts the user that there is a situation going on and they need to leave the area. The LED lights and face alert the user as to what the alarm is, and if it is a serious situation or one where only caution needs to be had.

Designer: Nikita Golovlev

• Zaxxon says:

That’s sexy! Hell, sign me up for one! ^_^

• Homerjay says:

Wait, don’t fire alarms already have wicked bright strobes on them for just this purpose?

• Orangewarp says:

Strobes do nothing when you’re a tired grad student catching up on sleep. Alarms 50% of the time.

• Red Right Hand says:

I think a person would have to be nasally impaired to not notice a fire.

• Tmncon says:

i think a person would have to be mentally impaired to not notice a fire.

• Lukewpnunn says:

Mentally and nasally impared?

So what about someone working late in an office tower where the fire is 10, 20, maybe even 50 floors below and the alarms (strobes) are out in a corridor out of view? I’m sat in an out of the way office right now, and if I was deaf, I’d have no idea if there was a building alert!

• Binaryspiral says:

Neat idea, but could be implemented a little better that wasn’t so obvious and used existing technology.

The building’s fire control system could easily be integrated with an email gateway that sent text or email messages to everyone in the building – including deaf folks who could be provided pagers, blackberries, or smartphones.

• Lesso says:

Nice idea. Is’t wery interesting to wake up, and nobody in a room will know about alarm. href=http://lesso.biz/

• Tawnya Walker says:

This would be handy for those fools who wear their MP3 players cranked up too loud to hear the environment. Like when a helicopter is falling out of the sky directly onto you.

• Corobian says:

Very useful, I think.

• Regardless of whether you are seeking for a
    new or replacement property safety technique , container
    alarm , or even a temperature monitoring alarm
    we have one thing to help you.

• Thank you for another informative web site. Where else may just I
    am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal way?
    I have a mission that I am just now running on, and I
    have been on the glance out for such info.