A Sucky Broom

Vacuums are great at picking up fine dust but suck horribly at bigger pieces of trash. Can we say clog anyone? Of course brooms have their caveat too. They’re great at moving big pieces of litter but forget about dirt and pet hair. Why not combine the two into a Vacuum Broom?

It’s lightweight and compact and just like any broom, comes with a dust pan. The thick bristles are perfect for shuttling trash into the pan but what makes it a vacuum broom are the suction ducts inside each hollow bristle. It may not be a Dyson but sounds like a good basic solution for hard floors and area rugs.

Designer: Wonjune Song

• sadi야인 says:

gooood idea~!
    윌슨 ^^

• Namssorg says:

I have a broom like this — it is a dirt devil, and it doesn’t work very well. The vacuum is tucked up in the middle of the bristles, it DOES pick up stuff, and it’s nice not to have to find the dust pan. However, I like the idea of bristles picking up micro crumbs and things. I wonder how well it would work, if it were a reality?

• Brilliant Idea~
    Wilson~ when did you change your name?

• P says:

That’s really neat! the design is quite nice, too. handle reminds me of the Eureka Optima. My only concern would be (in the form factor you’ve put it into) space for a reservoir and the motor/ fan assembly. But thats really more of an engineering thing. also, I’m imagining that if the tubes were cut at a flat angle at the point they touch the floor, they might form sort of a seal with the floor itself and not pickup particles. Ever consider cutting them at a slight off-perpendicular forwards angle?

• sadi야인 says:

gooood idea~!
    윌슨 ^^

• Wishnias says:

Wouldn’t this clog instantly if there’s anything on the floor besides dust and sand?… I guess it’d work on thick carpets pretty well…

Actually I’m just jealous that I chose to be an engineer working in reality as opposed to a conceptual designer working in the land of make believe…

• Skincancer says:

It´s so simple, but very interesting

• CentralVacguru says:

I agree the concept looks great but as a central vacuum manufacturer and engineer I don’t see how it could work. As a portable vacuum there must be a source to generate the suction and the average homeowner wouldn’t want to carry the weight of the motor or the battery pack with every stroke of the broom. It is ergometrically akward. As a central vacuum you would rather use an entire suction field rather than limiting your field to the center of the bristles. But to make this into a dusting device, there you have a chance.

• Phu Truong says:

Where can i buy this

• Passer-by says:

Heh this is uber cool! 😀 But where will the particles go to?

• Pere Relea says:

Can you tell me witch program have you used for do this (modelating and render)
    Thanks

• Vacuums says:

Wow that is the coolest vacuum I have ever seen.

• riccar bag says:

Nice broom, Great for wood floors

• Ofelia says:

Where can I get this and how much does it cost?
    please let me know.

• This product seems pretty interesting. I also really like Miele Vacuums which have advanced features and are made with quality. Select models are available in fun colors, including Melon Yellow, Mango Red, Polar Ice and Metallic Blue. They also have standard colors as well.

• It's an excellent idea and a sleek design too – something I would use at my kitchen to do some quick sweeping. You can't really pull up your bulky Dyson every time you need to clean your kitchen floor. I always use a broom to do some quick chores, but a vacuum broom? Sounds great to me, not sure if it's really practical though.

• Colin says:

This is Wonderful! Many thanks.

• Magda says:

Hello, where i can buy a SUCKY BROOM..

Thanks

See you

• Hello there, You have done an excellent job. I will certainly
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.