We have seen some really creative solutions and approach towards battery design. Add to the list this TransX, which is a battery module made with recycled card and copper. The beauty of the design is that it can transform a AAA battery into a larger battery.
Since many differently sized batteries all use a nominal voltage of 1.5V, we can try our hand at one design that fits them all.
Here is how it works:
- The battery and its casing can be used in appliances, with the copper ends conducting electricity.
- The module series has been designed in combination with packaging that also holds a manual and a rechargeable AAA battery.
- The module is pre-cut and can be easily removed from the packaging and folded.
- Choose the size you need and fold the Trans X to ﬁx the battery.
- Put the battery with Trans X into the battery Holder.
TransX is a 2013 red dot award: design concept winner.
Designers: Chen Yi-An & Chen Yi-Ying