UPDATE: Registration / Submission Deadline extended to Aug 26, 2013 (Monday) 24:00 (Taipei GMT+ 8:00)
When you start out as a young designer, there are several steps that you can take to create a strong foundation. Building online presence through a portfolio site is one of them; the most critical one is getting validation of your creative genius by participating in Design Competitions. The 2013 Taiwan International Student Design Competition is now open for entry. The most compelling reason to participate is of course the $12,000 grand prize.
Showcase your talents at one of the largest student design competitions in the world!
The Taiwan International Student Design Competition (TISDC) is in its 6th year now and has so far attracted more than 14,000 entries from over 60 countries. This year, besides the original categories “Product Design”, “Visual Design”, and “Digital Animation”, a new “Brand Specified” category is added and the eligibility age has been upped to 30 years-old.
The theme for 2013 is “Sights and Sounds”. Submissions open from June 1 to August 15. Multiple entries of different works are acceptable. The total amount of prize money is a hefty booty of NTD 3 million ($100,000)!
- Theme: Sights and Sounds
- Category: Product Design, Visual Design, Digital Animation, and Brand Specified
- Registration Fee: Free
- Online Registration and Online Work Submission Deadline: June 1, 2013 to August 15, 2013, 24:00 (Taipei GMT+08:00)
- Preliminary Selection/ Finalists Announcement: Early September, 2013
- Deadline for Final Selection submission (include mockup, printout and disc submission for each category): October 15, 2013, 17:00 (Taipei GMT+08:00), the submission from Taiwan must arrive at the deadline date while the submission from overseas is validated by postmark but have to arrive in our office no later than 1 week from the deadline.
- Final Selection: Early November, 2013
- Award Ceremony and Exhibition: Late December, 2013
- Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation Category:
- Grand Prix 1 winner: NT$400,000 (approx. US$12,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Gold 1 winner (each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver 1 winner (each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze 1 winner (each category): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention winners: NT$10,000 (approx. US$300) and a certificate
- First Prize (each brand 1 winner): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,000), and a certificate
- Second Prize (each brand 1 winner): NT$50,000 (approx. US$1,500), and a certificate
Download Brochure: Here
2012 Award Winning Animation: View Here