Pod Train

Inspired by those awesome Japanese capsule hotels, the JIYUKŪKAN high speed rail system packs personal pod modules in which travelers can sleep, relax or just hang out on the 500-800 mile journey. Like the capsule hotels, each train packs a number of showers so users are well-rested and fresh-faced when they arrive at their destination. Passengers can get on with their day upon arriving without the lag feeling of lost time!

Designer: Marco Peter

• Pingback: Pod Train
  • stephen russell says:

Bring this to the US for NY to Boston or Miami run alone
    Or from LA CA to San Diego CA
    Awesome ride
    & allow cars to ride Auto Carriers on train
    Mass produce for US & Canada markets alone.

• Tom says:

I’m afraid I don’t like the idea that you would be sleeping right next to a stranger. Seems a bit awkward if you ask me. Great space conservation but most might just prefer a normal seat unless you can create a sense of privacy.

• aWaIn X says:

Second picture
    China Wuhan Railway Station

• Mat says:

This would make people hurl big time, looking out the side of a shinkansen speed train. Ok if they only pass far landscapes…….. but realistically in Japan…. doesn’t happen, they are whizzing by peoples houses etc.

• Eric says:

why does this remind me of the transport system in Wall-E?

• Blake Kucera says:

It’d be like the 1st time you walk into a locker room…awkward the 1st time but after that its normal

• I was at first shocked and then giddy with excitement as I went
    and started catching hoppers. It”s tough to keep things dry on a center console boat. I remember being very careful never to rub my paddle against the gunwale for fear of disturbing the stillness of the cathedral.

• All I knew about training dogs was what I had learned in Science class about animals being made to behave in certain ways through rewards
    and punishments, so I naively (stupidly, actually) assumed that I
    could get Vicky to act in the ways that I had wanted by rewarding her for her good
    actions and punishing her for her bad ones. These are all signs that your toddler
    is ready for potty training. Traditional graduation announcements are totally lacking in originality and personality.

• You can draw cars on paper and then let your child use the Cheerios to create wheels.
    If you are concerned about not being able to give your child these experiences due to money or any other
    reason, don’t fret. When your daughter is ready
    to toilet train, the process will be shorter and more relaxed for both
    of you.

• Hwa says:

I am in fact delighted to glance at this weblog posts which carries lots
    of valuable information, thanks for providing such statistics.

• Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every day.
    It’s always helpful to read through articles from other writers and practice a little something from their web sites.

• Heyy There. I discovered your weblog using msn.
    This iss a really well written article. I’ll be sure tto bookmark it and come back to read
    more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.
    I will definitely comeback.