The Fontable

This new series of modular furniture by Alessandro Canepa & Andrea Paulicelli features alphanumeric elements A-Z and their lower case counterparts as well as 0-9 as the table top, making for a whimsical design with a pop art feel. The graphic 3 dimensional letters and numbers can be completely customized in color and finish, and users can select a single letter or personalized mix to spell out any combination imaginable. Eclectic and whimsical, this design is definitely for those wanting to make a big statement! Get it here!

Designers: Alessandro Canepa & Andrea Paulicelli

Tags

• hangzi says:

i used have designed seavel cups with single ward like your idea
    but there is not a design at all said by my teacher…

• hangzi says:

i used have designed seavel cups with single ward like your idea
    but there is not a design at all said by my teacher…

• Grey says:

If the mug is to show scale, i hope that mug is huge; The standard notepad wont fit and if a pencil is to roll off the small surface, its not gonna be fun. Way to troublesome to work on.. looks good though, more artistic than functional.

• Grey says:

• James says:

This is only really for artistic purposes. There is zero functionality to these and would be quite frustrating to try and use practically. I have turned typography into various pieces of furniture quite a few times myself and I knew straight away that the first thought I had of doing something this simple would never work. Although the photo of them all together in a huge room looks good and it would be quite nice in the Tate Modern, but other than that the designers really need to think a little more outside the box like I did to get really innovative practical typographic furniture designs.

• James says:

• I think it's a great concept, would look great for exhibition, promotions etc. Fair enough it's not very practical but not all things are anyway