New Meaning to “Light Washes”

Be a sport and just look at the pre-picture and try and guess what this is. If you’ve spied the Electrolux logo and have concluded it’s probably an appliance, you’re right! Indeed it’s a dishwasher combined with a dining table light! The idea is to have a functional light stationed right above the dining table, so that you have easy access to routine dishes like plates and spoons. It conserves space and apparently integrates technologies that recycles & purifies used water for the next cycle. This removes the need for the washer to be fed with an in-line. However I don’t want to think of the dinner-disaster if it ever develops a leak!

Designer: Kim Joonmin

• Hannah says:

Oh my gosh- or what if you forget to run the dishwasher and the dirty plates begin to stink?! Yikes.

• Hannah says:

• Jimmy C says:

It's an interesting idea.The only problems I can think of are the leaking thing, and how you're supposed to reach it (climb on a chair?).

• Casimir says:

Uggg…Who wants to see dirty dishes above the table while you wait to fill the thing. Also, filling/emptying the filter and water at some point would be required. That seems messy. Depending on the size of the table, reaching to fill and empty the dishes seems like it would be awkward, especially if the whole thing is able to sway on the cables — which I assume it does. Also, would there be more water jets than just what is shown in the center? Seems like that would only clean one side of the two plates closest to the center. I really don't see any possible advantage of this concept. Honestly, I don't mean to be harsh.

• Casimir says:

• Ty says:

Ok so this would be practical above the kitchen table, heck no above a dining room table!

• Tracy says:

This would be great to use at our cabin which does not have running water. it would be perfect. we need the lighting but we need a better way to wash dishes other than heating water on the colman stove and using two dish pans to wash and rinse. so great idea for the camper.

• Ioanna Michali says:

Oh dear GOD!!!!! I dont want to complain but THIS IS MY SUBMITION at the Electrolux Design Lab Competition in 2012!

Finally I feel PROUD that my entry was Rejected then and now is designed by a well knonw office …..