Press and Heat In One Appliance

The trend is multifunctionality and totally hi-tech, which is why the Folding Iron Concept doesn’t surprise me. It’s a folding iron that works wirelessly. The broad coated faceplate can be used as a handy warmer for your favorite cuppa brew or soup too. A refined version is sure to find a place in my travel case.

Folding Iron is a 2011 iF concept design entry.

Designers: Cai Ze Zhou & Wu Wenjun

• Lokanin says:

Wow! what a innovation and design.

• Lokanin says:

Wow! what a innovation and design.

• My concern is energy density of a battery being sufficient to actually create anywhere near enough heat for long enough to iron clothes. The one reference I was able to find basically says it's ridiculous: http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Technology/Questio….

So, file this one under "When technology advances enormously."

Cheers,
    Mike

So, file this one under “When technology advances enormously.”

Cheers,
    Mike

• Bauski says:

I'd file it under

"Creating multifunctionality by adding the possibility to do something marginally relavant"

How many of you ever thought "man, if I had something to keep my mug of coffee warm once I'm done ironing…" ?

• Bauski says:

I'd file it under

“Creating multifunctionality by adding the possibility to do something marginally relavant”

How many of you ever thought “man, if I had something to keep my mug of coffee warm once I'm done ironing…” ?

• Grey says:

I love the sleek finish, maybe we'll have to compromise to accommodate some Lithium-ion batteries for now.. but as soon as Wireless energy transfer becomes the norm… this bad boy is gonna be the 1st thing on the list for the traveler/bachelor.

Nice concept, nice execution!

• Grey says:

Nice concept, nice execution!

• vogelcube says:

This is brilliant. The Iron and the cup warmer are 2 single-purpose devices almost completely the same in theory but different in execution. The best part about this device is that it DOESN'T NEED wireless power. Plug that sucker in & I'll still buy it. Don't be dissuaded of the design just because "and a miracle happens" is written on the blueprint. This is solid design with a fantastical element.

• vogelcube says:

This is brilliant. The Iron and the cup warmer are 2 single-purpose devices almost completely the same in theory but different in execution. The best part about this device is that it DOESN'T NEED wireless power. Plug that sucker in & I'll still buy it. Don't be dissuaded of the design just because “and a miracle happens” is written on the blueprint. This is solid design with a fantastical element.