A Strip of Car

A Mobius strip is a surface with “one continuous side formed by joining the ends of a rectangular strip after twisting one end through 180°” (Apple Dictionary.) It’s named after its discoverer August Ferdinand Möbius who basically found it super interesting because it was forever three dimensional. The vehicle you’re about to glance upon is the Mobius as well, this one designed by Tommaso Gecchelin who aims to merge aesthetic suggestions of both math and geometry into one harmonious shape.

The insides of this car are wild as the out, as it employs blind-spot avoiding technologies such as flexible OLED screens, head-tracking cams, and HD external cams to unify the person driving the car with the environment the car is driving in.

Super shiny. Should take a long while to clean if you drive through the mud! Then again, I’m sure you’ll only drive on gold-paved streets with this beautiful angel.

Designer: Tommaso Gecchelin

• Confucius says:

How do you get in?

• Confucius says:

How do you get in?

• tommasogecchelin says:

heehe…there are standard doors, but hinges are very well hidden…

• tommasogecchelin says:

heehe…there are standard doors, but hinges are very well hidden…

• anonymous says:

maybe you could show a parting line in the sketch/rendering so its more true to its design. instead of posting a seamless car that isn't seamless.

• tommasogecchelin says:

The parting line in the aluminum band is on the "L shaped" lateral light (so you cannot see it). The parting line in the black part is on the edge between glass and aluminum…so there are no visible parting lines.
      You are right, maybe I could show a render with opened doors…I'll do it soon on my design blog… 😉

• anonymous says:

• tommasogecchelin says:

The parting line in the aluminum band is on the “L shaped” lateral light (so you cannot see it). The parting line in the black part is on the edge between glass and aluminum…so there are no visible parting lines.

• thecactusdesign says:

progetto fantastico, spiegato in modo fantastico!!!!!!!
    complimenti
    a presto
    moreno

• progetto fantastico, spiegato in modo fantastico!!!!!!!
    complimenti
    a presto
    moreno

• This is great! I don't even care if I cant get in or not coz it looks so good from the outside…

• taylor says:

Certainly a very talented at sketching and 3D visualization however part lines and clarity needs help. The overall composition is cluttered and messy. Way too busy for me. Concept is cool but needs more detail and refinement to mature the concept.

• taylor says:

• Bekins Moving Company is prepared to offer a host of moving
    services for any need that you might have.
    I made sure to not choose the company with the lowest price, as they
    might be dodgy. Contact companies you do business
    with approximately four weeks before you move.

• It is a very strong line, but it is also very sensitive, making it a great
    line when fishing for trout. Methods for baiting a hook – Step
    5: Use them for fishing. Revealed in my unique readymade bait and homemade bait
    carp and catfish bait secrets ebooks is far more powerful information look up my unique
    website (Baitbigfish) and see my biography below for
    details of my ebooks deals right now.

• 2 bunches green onions, chopped with some green included. When the pressure is increased like this its temperature rises dramatically.

There are so many great places to go while you are
    there.

• Howdy, I do believe your website could be having internet browser compatibilty issues.
    Whenever I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine
    however, when opening inn Internet Explorer, it’s goot some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted tto give you a quick heads up!
    Apart from that, great blog!