Aerospace Grade Titanium Ring

This is a ring of metal like you’ve never seen before. It’s made of six modular pieces of military spec G5 aerospace grade titanium. It’s precision cut by a 5-axis state-of-the-art machine never before used for fine jewelry. Each of the little bits is off-axis bolted to the next – the process from cut to bolt takes 10 hours each. The materials and the process guarantee the ring will be around for centuries. Born of the most wild and fine-quality elite thinking environment.

This ring is known as “Revolver” and it comes from RogueDNZ, a line of ultra-fine jewelry created by Matthew G Tremblay. Each piece of jewelry in this set goes above in beyond in at least one way, in most cases in quite a few ways. All are elite. Watch the video below to see how epic this ring truly is, then get your pocketbooks out to buy one ($4,800.) NOTE: I saw a bad-biker dude today with matte black shells and helmet -he’d go right with this ring like nail to wood, like rock to sand, like hair to heavy metal.

Designer: RogueDZN

• Jonathan says:

I've had a wedding ring for 14 years now, which is a fraction of the time I'd want to keep one like this. During that time, It Has had to be re-sized 3 times, as I've gone from 25 to almost 40. What happens when this one needs to get re-sized? Just a thought.

• Jonathan says:

• etho says:

I think this is fascinating… I love rings, I choose them very carefully, and I love technology, and this ring brought two obsessions of mine together in one shot … I study civil engineering and I've got to tell you I love this idea. Spectacular design, manly, clever, stylish and ENGINEERED. I want one of those.
    good to see rings brought to the 21st century.

• etho says:

good to see rings brought to the 21st century.

• Tony says:

I like the style, very good indeed, however it can be produced for much cheaper with alternative methods, again from titanium. Even for very limited numbers.

• Tony says:

• Peter says:

The price is written incorrectly. Can someone confirm if it is suppoed to be $48,000 or $4,800?

• Peter says:

• Henry says:

you guys got the price wrong, it's 4,800 not 48,000. FYI.

• Henry says:

you guys got the price wrong, it's 4,800 not 48,000. FYI.

• The Price of the Rogue Revolver is $4,800. All of RogueDZN's pieces are machined because it introduces a new level of complexity and mathematical beauty to the forms and surfaces unattainable through any other process. These are not high volume pieces. They are not for everyone. I am attempting to show the 5-axis machining can be used as an art form. I specifically control every machining tool path to bring subtle directional texture to the pieces. By machining billet block the physical characteristics of the material in terms of durability and strength are far superior to any cast part. If you look at the forms closely you will see that there is not a single straight line anywhere on the piece. This ring assembly is an expression of compound curvature and undercuts, engineered and assembled in a method to test and break boundaries. The price is a direct reflection of the costs I incur during design, engineering and manufacture with minimal margins. The goal of RogueDZN is not to cut corners, make no sacrifices and bring something truly authentic to the world at every step in the process.

—->MATTHEW G. TREMBLAY

—->MATTHEW G. TREMBLAY

• anon says:

Kinda interesting from a engineering point of view but lacks sophistication for the price point.

• anon says:

• Justin says:

Wow what a rip off I manufacture and design jewelry and could make this for way cheaper. The materials cost very little. Also there is no possible way this ring will be comfortable to wear. But hey the world is filled with suckers with money to blow.

• Justin says:

• Kraus says:

what, you can't do this by hand? interesting application, but this is no true metalsmith.

• …you do understand this is titanium that they are working with, correct? even if it wasn't one of the more complicated metals to work with, the level of design would be aggrevating at best for someone skilled in working metal of that gauge.

• Kraus says:

• I wonder if it is easy to put on when you are alone.

• I wonder if it is easy to put on when you are alone.

• Being the fact that I've owned a titanium ring before and understand the quality and appeal that it holds, and how much people love the look of it before they even find out the metal type, and THEN factor in the fact that these people are taking the time to make sure every last one of these pieces are machined correctly, the manufacturer design is etched in ( or painted or whatever) correctly as well, and then keep in mind that the price of a ring goes up in value depending upon the material, the quality of said material, the type of machinery used to accomplish said designs, painting and the overal type of ring, which in this case you have a multi-pieced ring, which would be a fairly expensive ring no matter what….I'd say…Even though almost 5 grand is a lil pricey.. It's not a unfair price for something of this quality. I'd strongly suggest thinking about what all the developers have to go through just to make sure something like this is a quality piece that you would NEVER have to complain about, before trolling the comments section of their products..

Now, how do I go about donating organs to get 2 of these bad boys? Titanium plus billets and a complex multi-piece ring? you're talking my language.

• Rex says:

That ring can be made on a CNC machine in a hour or so. The laser etching takes very little time, the screw holes are pre threaded and thus easy to put the screw in, the material cost is say 20-80 cents,
    in short they could make this for maybe 100-200 dollars. Design time is maybe 20-40 hours on a CAD, with some time taken to come up with idea.

it is very cool but way over priced for it being air craft titanium. Just please do not over price jewelry when the alternative metals can be done for so much less. . Yes I do design, make, and sell alternative metal jewelry. I sell them for less than basically anyone and still make a good profit.

I could make a similar deisgn and sell them for 400 dollars and I would be making 400-800% profit

• Hi Rex,

Thank you for your compliments and criticisms, but I think you may be over looking some things. The facts are that this ring is made on one of the most state of the art machines in the world, by the best machinists in the world. The ring is made of 6 separate pieces, individually 5 axis machined. If you are a machinist then you understand that cutting Mil-Spec Titanium is not an easy feet and requires carbide cutting bits due to the material properties. Even with the Carbide tools the feed rate on the machines needs to be slowed down to avoid breaking the bits. The length to width ratio of the cutting bit itself necessitates slower feed rates to achieve this level of detail. In this case the bit used is only 1.5mm in diameter. The fixturing of the individual pieces is the most difficult portion of the process and requires 9 separate setups for each of the 6 separate modular pieces. Because of the compound surfacing, and lack of flat surfaces to hold the part in the machine, a proprietary method of holding the part had to be created. These pieces come off the machine and require no hand finishing. Whether you like it or not each piece takes a single machine operator about 2 days to complete a single 6 piece ring. What you are claiming is simply impossible.

I always appreciate other jewelry maker's opinions and critique. However, by making claims that this ring can be made in an hour or two, is simply preposterous and shows a lack of understanding for the 5-axis machining process, as well as the complexity of the surfacing exhibited in this piece. In my opinion his ring is not over priced. My margins are minimal, below industry standard and extremely fair in the demographic in which I sell my jewelry. In the end opinions of pricing are all very relative to the individual's emotional connection to the piece.

There is always quite a bit of talk on these forums about "I could do this too for this price, and sell it for less". I am interested in designing pieces that are completely unique in every aspect . The fact remains that this method of machining, design, engineering and assembling jewelry has never been done before. Love it or hate it, it has now been done for the first time. There is a big difference between criticism in defense of one's ego and valuable objective critique. The later is always more well received, and mutually beneficial to all.

—->MATTHEW G. TREMBLAY

• Rex says:

• Hi Rex,

There is always quite a bit of talk on these forums about “I could do this too for this price, and sell it for less”. I am interested in designing pieces that are completely unique in every aspect . The fact remains that this method of machining, design, engineering and assembling jewelry has never been done before. Love it or hate it, it has now been done for the first time. There is a big difference between criticism in defense of one's ego and valuable objective critique. The later is always more well received, and mutually beneficial to all.

—->MATTHEW G. TREMBLAY

• rex says:

Matthew thank you for your post. and yes it is machined beautifully. That type of titanium is a pain and a half to work with.

and if I had a low rate/quality machinist make these using a CNC they would maybe look the same from a distance but when looked at in very close detail yours would be way superior.
    and yes they are very very unique. I have never seen anything like it.
    I also appreciate that it was deigned, thought about, and made.
    I for one and many others could never have the artistic ability to come up with something like this.

So you could not figure out a way to make a Computer multi axis CNC produce a bunch of these sections at once and then assemble them?
    If so then each one is unique and they are not jewelry they are Art.
    You can not put a price on Art. Art is much harder to sell but to certain individual its better tan having something that others have. hence the pricing and low quantities.
    I was just calling it manufactured jewelry which has a very predictable price structure.
    That is what I thought could be done (hence my pricing)

Just call them art and say each one has many days of a High End Machinist made in the USA that has to had modify each ring so that they are all considered custom one of a kind Art pieces. (better wording than me) That will justify there cost. Plus if they are being sold at a company that changes the price structure if you are not selling them directly yourself.

I still stand by my comment if a CNC could hold it by the screw thread. I do appreciate your honesty (in Manufacturing) and artistic sense to make this.

• rex says:

and yes they are very very unique. I have never seen anything like it.
    I also appreciate that it was deigned, thought about, and made.

If so then each one is unique and they are not jewelry they are Art.
    That is what I thought could be done (hence my pricing)

• Sarah says:

Two things… My fiance and I have decided on titanium. We understand that we will have a hard time resizing them and never will. I think it's romantic to get different rings for different stages of your marriage… plus you get to look back and see what size your finger was. We both like nostalgia and keep objects that are important to us.

As far as the price of this ring…. I didn't see any girl comment as to the price so I feel like I need to explain something from a girl perspective… Even the most low maintenance girl will feel it's important to buy something that is vastly more expensive than the chemical components of the item and the cost of all manufacturing / design / and advertising plus a mark up. We haven't traded goods at the cost of manufacturing for other goods or a concept of money since the stone age. We pay for design as well as quality. We pay for form first and function second. In theory there's no logical reason to even own a ring. Why even pay a dollar for a ring? If you could buy a ring just like this for a dollar would you? And when someone came up to you and asked if that's the ring they saw on the internet all excited to see it IRL would you say "No, actually I didn't feel that the ring was worth the price so I got this for a dollar!"? I know boys over spend in other areas for brand and form rather it be cars or computer cases there is something that you want that is more than the cost of all parts and labor.

Gentlemen, this is Jewelry. It has never been reasonably priced.

• Sarah says:

As far as the price of this ring…. I didn't see any girl comment as to the price so I feel like I need to explain something from a girl perspective… Even the most low maintenance girl will feel it's important to buy something that is vastly more expensive than the chemical components of the item and the cost of all manufacturing / design / and advertising plus a mark up. We haven't traded goods at the cost of manufacturing for other goods or a concept of money since the stone age. We pay for design as well as quality. We pay for form first and function second. In theory there's no logical reason to even own a ring. Why even pay a dollar for a ring? If you could buy a ring just like this for a dollar would you? And when someone came up to you and asked if that's the ring they saw on the internet all excited to see it IRL would you say “No, actually I didn't feel that the ring was worth the price so I got this for a dollar!”? I know boys over spend in other areas for brand and form rather it be cars or computer cases there is something that you want that is more than the cost of all parts and labor.

Gentlemen, this is Jewelry. It has never been reasonably priced.

• The State Of Jobs In West Sussex

‘Recession Proof’ Jobs in West Sussex

Finally the word all of us believed was coming has arrived, ‘Recession’. For the past few months the word has been intentionally averted but leading economists and even the Bank of England have finally admitted that recession is on its way. Not a large surprise with many of the common public appearing to imagine we are already in one.

So it’s all doom and gloom now and nobody’s job is secure right? Not so. Some of West Sussex’s residents want fear less. Historically some jobs have proven to be ‘Recession Resistant’ however which jobs are they? Essentially they’re jobs in organisations that provide items and providers that remain a necessity at the identical time as we tighten our belts. The areas considered to be moderately secure include:

o Training – Children don’t stop growing because the market shrinks and don’t stop requiring an education. West Sussex’s numerous faculties, schools and Universities including Chichester College and The university of Chichester are nonetheless keenly recruiting. Educational establishments additionally require administrative, catering and different help staff. Instructional jobs in West Sussex should remain secure.

o Public Sector – Authorities is a definite consistent during a recession. Our cities, cities and nation should continue to go on providing services and making sure things carries on heedless. The Chichester District Council and The West Sussex County Council nonetheless need a large array of employees so public sector jobs in West Sussex should beat the recession.

o Safety – Unfortunately, crime does not stop during a recession (in fact, although I can’t claim to know the statistics, there are clearly related financial factors which may increase it!) We’re lucky in West Sussex to have a relatively low crime fee but we still want our protecting companies such The West Sussex Police. They also require their support workers so these with safety jobs in West Sussex have a lesser need to worry.

o Healthcare and Prescription drugs – Illness and injury nonetheless happen during a recession. In Chichester it is fair to say that we’ve got an ageing inhabitants due maybe to the quality of life we’re lucky enough to receive here. (So lengthy as St Richards Hospital stays open!) hospital employees, GPs, ambulance employees, nursing and care workers are nonetheless in demand so Healthcare jobs in West Sussex ought to be quite safe.

o Power Companies – We might all become a little extra acutely aware of our power outgoings as part of our belt tightening however we continue to have an enormous for fuel and electrical energy and this is unlikely diminish. Chichester businesses and houses will still require Southern Electrical, British Fuel and the wish to preserve us running so these working for energy companies equivalent to engineers and customer providers in West Sussex should thinokay about their jobs secure.

o Environmental Sector – In West Sussex, as with every other city, our council seems devoted to improving our ‘Greeness’. This may be a sentiment also taken up by businesses and it is unlikely to be halted during the coming recession. There’ll nonetheless be a desire for ‘Green’ consultants and engineers in West Sussex in the coming months.

o Gross sales and Marketing – This is not an space you might count on to be safe but traditionally and logically anything which makes or saves a company money is likely to be safe. It’s barely dependant on the strategy and outlook of the business in particular however sales jobs and marketing jobs in West Sussex may be safe.

o Funeral Directors – Sorry to finish on a morbid notice but to make use of the previous saying ‘the one certainties in life are loss of life and taxes’!

Apprehensive that your employment could additionally be at risk? Sadly there are some struggling industries including construction, housing and finance and the strongest recommendation I may give you is to make sure your CV is up to scratch do you’ve gotten to find your self in the unlucky scenario and you must enter the aggressive job market. Additionally ensure you find a good job board equivalent to chichester jobs to keep you up to date with the most recent jobs in West Sussex.

Richard Blackburn is a recruitment skilled having spent the final 7 years working as a Recruitment Consultant, hi is Content Editor for jobs in west sussex

• The State Of Jobs In West Sussex