Crystal Wrist

Let me continue our legacy here on Yanko of presenting completely amazing, strange, and weird, with this “Retro-Futurism” timepiece from designer Carson Leong. It’s a digital timepiece that “celebrates the magical properties of fused fibre optics.” I couldn’t have said it more wonderful myself. The watch has its top glass (Sapphire crystal) replaced by fused fibre optic with 12 facets, each of the 12 representing one hour of the day. When turned off, the watch becomes a unique fashion accessory with a black gem (the optic) at the helm.

When the watch is on, a pattern is projected to the top surface of the fibre optic, only fully visible from the very top. Tiny sections of the output are visible from the sides, making the entire watch like a fantastically classy kaleidoscope. Wear this everywhere, at all times, except I’m not sure if it’s waterproof or not so probably not on your boating trips. But everywhere else, wear this out. You’ll get all the looks. Classic, futuristic, fabulous.

Designer: Carson Leong

• Igor Chak says:

This is a very nice design and a very smart idea!!! One question…what is the purpose of the rotor? just for the looks? what kind of display does it use, LCD, OLED?

• Igor Chak says:

• andy says:

I would buy it immediately

• andy says:

I would buy it immediately

• Thanks. The watch combines autoquartz and digital readout (LCD). It gives the watch a more luxury tonality which supports the brand identity.

• This is indeed one of the fresh designs for a watch. I think that it would be indeed in demand from a large number of people. The watch with the LED is a new one in the market and it looks as if it would take the market on the whole. I must say it looks quite attractive.

• Gwen says:

I would love to buy it as a gift for bf!!! >///<b Cool design!:D

• Gwen says:

I would love to buy it as a gift for bf!!! >///

• R_o says:

It's amazing, what is the name of this watch and how many $ please ? ^^

• R_o says:

It's amazing, what is the name of this watch and how many $ please ? ^^

• jason says:

this is why i HATE yanko.
    So many amazing ideas, things i would be today, but Nooooo, 99% of this isn't and never will be available.
    We're just viewing the amazing designs of awesome industrial designers with the hopes of one day of being able to get one.

Carson, this is an amazing design. I would buy this right now if it was available.

• jason says:

this is why i HATE yanko.