One Watch With Many Faces

Here is a neat idea that allows you to play with the different faces for a watch. The Watch oNe basically features an E-Ink display which is LED back lit, but its face is not constant, meaning you can change it at whim or fancy. Hook the watch up to the internet and download your kinda face to it. Designers have a choice to upload their creativity to the on-line store, for others to purchase. So the possibilities with this one watch are endless… mechanical, digital, classic, futuristic, complex…any type of face can be downloaded (via micro USB port) for use.

The physical watch can also be interchanged with different parts using a range of colors and materials. Constructed out of abs plastic, sapphire glass, stainless steel and fine leather; Watch oNe is going on sale in March 2011 for $350

Designer: Igor Chak

• Confucius says:

Wow its really going on sale, Im impressed. Nice work.

• RadhikaYD says:

Ahhh! The veteran speaks…where have you been Hiding? Missing you around here….

• Confucius says:

Wow its really going on sale, Im impressed. Nice work.

• RadhikaYD says:

Ahhh! The veteran speaks…where have you been Hiding? Missing you around here….

• wolf says:

very nice project =)
    …a new watch any time… também quero! xD

• wolf says:

very nice project =)
    …a new watch any time… tambm quero! xD

• Park bo young says:

wow!

• Park bo young says:

wow!

• Aman says:

I need this!

• Aman says:

I need this!

• Gordon Prest says:

This is a good idea. I know it’s a good idea because I thought of it about a year ago. However, ideas need a push to get the product out! No sour grapes. No, really! Would have preferred a round face personally, but maybe different base models will come online depending on initial sales

• Gordon Prest says:

• alaiNet says:

I think they should make have it on pre-order.

• alaiNet says:

I think they should make have it on pre-order.

• Great idea. From the moment I first read about e-ink (when researching the Kindle) I thought this technology could go some very cool places. I’m thinking of reusable prescription bottles that the doctor plugs in and the label updates with your new prescription that you can take to be “filled” literally… or employee id cards that update everyday with a new barcode for aded security… or digital picture frames with fine art photographic prints that can be updated when a gallery show ends… or even a system where people could “rent” a work of art for their photo frames in a digital-rights-managed format, the way people do with TV shows in iTunes… or for billboards- rather than reprint on giant sheets of tree flesh every month or so- with e-ink they could just plug in a new image file, making a large one-time investment for the screen, but not having to spend additional money everytime it updates.

There are just so many situations where a high-res, non-glowing, low-to-no power, low wear-and-tear screen could come in handy!

• kmyk says:

they should come up with a more female friendly version

• kmyk says:

they should come up with a more female friendly version

• neomanic says:

I want one too. I think maybe not this shape; I fancy an hourglass with one face in each section. Or alternatively, an hourglass. And a round option would be neat too. Or a face that didn't just replicate either an analog or digital watch, but something new …

I didn't know that e-ink could be backlit, either. Very cool.

• neomanic says:

I didn't know that e-ink could be backlit, either. Very cool.

• Yuluyans says:

For realz? This idea is ancient. I've seen those on old Suunto's… besides, nobody but the wearer really sees anything so it's quite useless.

• Yuluyans says:

• ping says:

I want one, too. Is there anyone can tell me where to buy this, which company, their official website?

• ping says:

• michael says:

too cool !!!!

• michael says:

too cool !!!!

• mick says:

too cool !!!!

• Please let me know once it it released!!!

• Please let me know once it it released!!!

• MONO says:

very good
    how can i buy this ??

• MONO says:

very good
    how can i buy this ??

• Terrelle Jackson says:

dang . I said I wasnt going to buy any more watches but I deff have to have this one.

• Terrelle Jackson says:

• JurasO says:

Fantastic

• JurasO says:

Fantastic

• Nick says:

“Watch oNe is going on sale in March 2011” – It is March 2011. When can I buy?

• Guest says:

This is the website of the designer: http://www.igorchak.com/industrial/ There is a link to an order website but this website is not made yet. The release date is unfortunately on hold…

• Q8 says:

Waiting ………..
    When it will be released ?

• Q8 says:

Waiting ………..
    When it will be released ?

• kris says:

i've sent an email to igor a couple of weeks ago to ask when this watch will be for sale but received no answer. I'm assuming some major problems occured? Did anyone else find out some more details ?

• @bdeniel says:

I sent lots of email to Igor Chak about the Watch One by email, twitter, facebook. Private and direct message, and no answer. He always post that he introduced the watch one, and you will love this watch. And? Where can i buy? Cant preorder, nothing else. I wanted to buy 5pcs of watch from Igor, but now i dont want.

• @bdeniel says:

• David Wall says:

I dont believe this watch has ever existed and is still a figment of the imagination.
    I know one thing, when it is available – I want one!

• Tod says:

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely helpful information particularly the remaining phase 🙂 I handle such info a lot.
    I used to be looking for this particular info for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck.

• First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask
    if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.

I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my
    thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing but it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just
    trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or
    tips? Kudos!

• Glitter pumps are flattering and will draw attention to your entire look, as will a nice pair of flats.
    At times fashionable dresses will rate you a lot of money, so liquorish is sure name brands for latest dresses.
    What about the office parties many of us has to attend.

• Is it because of the lonesomeness that you’re presently going through.
    They help clients with their expert services
    on different relocation needs and situations. You would also get flexibility in terms of partial and full packing service.
    Their workers are expert and can handle any kind of relocation job without any issue.
    Another point to be considered here is that the local businesses know the target customers better than multi national companies, as they have their roots here in this county of Florida and thereby know the
    people and the tourists of this place better. They will provide you information about the good
    moving boxes vendors who are popular in area. Middle East region is
    hugely popular among expatriates as a career destination as people from all
    nationalities and religions come together to earn attractive salaries in return for their expert services.
    Moving on to the hood, make sure you have your can of
    white lithium grease spray handy along with a clean piece of cloth
    or rag. These containers permit customers place documents to be destroyed directly into this sort of cartons.
    It helps seal in the heating or cooling in homes and there are no leakages.

• If you decide you must eat something totally not on your diet,
    you will be in effect doing a. You finally screw up your courage – even if the news is bad, it’s best to know the truth, you tell
    yourself – and then do the test. It is a bit pricey, but is
    well worth the extra money.

• Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The
    clearness in your post is simply cool and i can assume you
    are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your
    feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.