Color Dash Of Heart Tea

The Heartea tumbler has been design more for a social purpose than resolving any current design related issues. Meant for the “Nanum” project (a charity that donates 100% of its proceeds to provide educational scholarships to impoverished children), the design adds an emotional element with the glowing heart at the center of the mug. This indicative glow reflects the temperature of the contents in the tumbler; meaning blue for a cold beverage, orange for a warm cuppa tea and red for the piping hot coffee.

Retailing at $25 a piece, it’s not a bad donation to make when in exchange you’re getting this cute interactive mug!

Designers: Sangmin BaeID+IM Design Lab. Members

• Scott dale says:

with battery and thermon sensor for nothing….

stupid design

• Scott dale says:

with battery and thermon sensor for nothing….
    stupid design

• Greg Keane says:

i don't like the AA battery but i like the idea and design, where can i buy it?

• Greg Keane says:

i don't like the AA battery but i like the idea and design, where can i buy it?

• yeo antonio says:

Just use Thermochromic inks to print on cup and to show temperature condition.

Why do you need such a complecated structure, components and mechanism for such a simple function.

To use LED and battery for a cup is ridiculous !

• yeo antonio says:

Just use Thermochromic inks to print on cup and to show temperature condition.

To use LED and battery for a cup is ridiculous !

• Tanja says:

I`m using this Tumbler! and It`s great design i think.

Light twinkles softly like human heart and they said It symbolizes a warm heart Sharing love!

What a nice meaning ^^

• Tanja says:

I`m using this Tumbler! and It`s great design i think.

What a nice meaning ^^

• Jessy Kim says:

It implys deep symbolic sense. I like the heart beat symbol. Isn't it great? and also as I read the airticle, whole profits are donated to the needy children. I want to buy this anyway to participate the Nanum project.~ :)

• Jessy Kim says:

• Hyunjung says:

I have seen this tumbler, before. Actually the red light symbolizes heart. Unlike thermosensor which only indicates the temperature of the drinks, dimming led lights looks like heart beat.

• Hyunjung says:

• For the sake of openness, I work with the designers of this product.

Anyway, I kind of agree it is a bit strange to have a thermos that needs power, however, the intention is not to simply provide awareness of the temperature but more critically to provide an emotional context and relationship with the device its contents. Using a material that reacts to different temperatures could indicate what is happening but the level of control is much lower and would be less emotive.

I have played with this product a bit and found it really pleasant. This team tends to design things quite nicely and in a way that makes them very friendly and affective.

Anyway, I asked and it seems it is only available inside Korea for the time being.

• For the sake of openness, I work with the designers of this product.

• Angie says:

Lovely humane intention in design.
    Giving profit to needy children is hard intention for a designer to pursue. Little tap on the back :) to whoever designed this.
    Structure is very simple. Public buys it easily.
    However, the light…part … it's too small. Maybe there isn't much love to it after all.

• Angie says:

Lovely humane intention in design.
    Structure is very simple. Public buys it easily.

• Chrissy says:

Hearttea phone home.

• Chrissy says:

Hearttea phone home.

• dave says:

the battery would be drained staright away….!
    i work in design and thats why kettles have a 3kw element…

• dave says:

the battery would be drained staright away….!
    i work in design and thats why kettles have a 3kw element…

• A l’époque, Havers avait empêché les poursuites contre Hayman quand l’affaire Elm Guest House a fait
    scandale, en 1982.