Lights By The Morning Dew

I am by no means a rugged person. I don’t particularly enjoy being “outdoorsy”. I’m the kind of person that overpacks and overcompensates for all possible scenarios, one of which is getting lost. The Dewlighting (should be called Dew Light) is designed for such a scenario. You can use it as a battery powered torch light or hang it to provide ambient lighting. When hung, a flexible sack can be unfurled to collect water droplets. I like the idea although this relies on only getting lost in a humid area.

Designers : Sae Hee Lee, Sungjae Lee, & Hyemi Lee

• eric says:

interesting. seems like a simple but relatively efficient system. however, i'm assuming the light would be an LED, and I'm not sure that a dynamo or similar charging device that would charge while shaken would have enough output to power an LED for very long. it'd be interesting to find out

• eric says:

• eric says:

• eric says:

• ken says:

I thought dews are only form when high humidity air hits against a cold surface, that cause it to condensed to become water.

Therefore I am not so sure about the water providing part of the design.

Nice work though.

Cheers,

Ken

• ken says:

Therefore I am not so sure about the water providing part of the design.

Nice work though.

Cheers,

Ken

• Hey i just loved this stuff..esp since me and my frds enjoy going on treks this is somethings really useful..but i just wanted to know whether this is a concept or actually being sold…can if its being sold..can i get it in india?

• ccastro says:

dude, did you already take your madication?

• ccastro says:

dude, did you already take your madication?

• brujonica says:

The idea is good, but lights attract some bugs at night, so they'll end up floating in your water. Also the condensed water won't be potable.
    It must be a led light, so the shaking charger can power it for a reasonable time. If it is, leds don't heat too much (nearly nothing) so the heating/condensing idea wouldn't work in this case.

• brujonica says: