Let My Eyes Speak

i-Mos is a pair of funky looking glasses that a speech impaired person can use for easy communication. Although the user scenario suggested by the designer looks more tragic, like involving physical disabilities as well, I’m going to stick with just the basics. The device tracks your eye movement as Morse-code inputs and then voices it out as speech. One eye is dedicated to “dot” and the other to “dash”. Aids like sentence completion and built-in Morse code learning, add value to the idea and make usage more independent. A well intended plan!

Designer: Wonkook Lee

• Franja says:

It's a really nice concept, but it seems pretty hard to use it…

• Tom says:

Not to be worn while watching a game of tennis. Just kidding. Nice idea, however just typing out a few letters made my eyes pretty tired and made me feel dizzy. Maybe just long and short blinks would be a better solution?

• Wonkook Lee says:

Thanks for your comments :-)
    Well, It makes sense that i-Mos seems little bit hard to use
    But i-Mos has Built-in education program and AutoComplete function to reduce inconvenience
    Patient has to get through their circumstances just like blind person try to learn braille to read,
    It's not an option cuz they're desperate
    Anyway i'll improve a concept to less inconveniences
    Thanks agian :->

• AlejandroL says:

It's a very nice concept, a lot of people has the problem to comunicate
    with others and this is a nice solution to it. Maybe it's hard to use, but
    it's harder not being able to talk with your friends or family. I think it
    can be improved but still a very good solution to a big problem. The best atribute of your design is mobility, I saw the other day a footballer with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and his big heavy chair, that was fixed to the floor, and its system to talk was worse than this, he has to keep his sight into a single letter in a screen for a few seconds and that way of adding letters, he built the words he wanted to say. I just wanna say congratulations, big design, big solution to a problem.

• Thanks for saying that :-)
      I developed this concept from that point you said (Yeah, it also has a room for reconsideration)
      There's lots of people who suffer pain due to warfare, disease or shortage of resource and so on from worldwide
      My ideal is helping them through my design strategy, product, system whatever..
      I'll keep up my work and post onto Yanko and whenever i post, i wanna listen everybody's opinion just like you said
      That will encourage me so much :->
      Thanks again!

• jaesun says:

Perfect concept & panel. good jod ..

I see what you say for hadicated people. your rendering very seem to medical device.

• jaesun says:

Perfect concept & panel. good jod ..

• jaesun says: