Pledge For Domestic Can Crushers

The Automatic Aluminum Can Crusher is designed as a battery operated, automatic, aluminum, can crusher for domestic purposes. It’s a nifty recycler that works on an 18vdc power tool battery (and/or an AC adapter), and chomps on 40 cans on a full charge and yet hungry for more! Cans get crushed to 40% their original volume, and that’s quite neat. Although what we see in the video is a very rough cut of what’s to be expected, the project has made its way to Kickstarter and a pledge is going around for it. Maybe you want to chip in.

Designer: Doug Wehrly For Zertronix

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

Automatic Aluminum Can Crusher by Doug Wehrly For Zertronix

• Ja says:

good machine! Can apply on all outdoor rubbish bins to recycle the cans!

• when your rubbish/trash gets collected into the large truck what does it do? ans it crushes your crap. why would i need to crush it? this would only allow me to fill my bin with more rubbish. There is no need for this product.

• Oscar says:

allow me to fill my bin with more rubbish.

thats it! You can put more more cans on one bag, save one plastic bag, dont have to take the trash so often… BUT still think it is easyer to just step on the can.

• Jeff says:

So much complexity for something you could easily do with your foot…

Hell, you could even have that thing crank powered, no need for noisy motors, or expensive complex gears.

• Ben says:

I have to save my cans upc code to redeem them for my 5 cent deposit so I can’t use this… nore do you need any motorization to crush a can…. they have a simple lever device that does this exact thing for like $5. Now if it melted each can down into an additive block of aluminum, i might buy it.

• cyc says:

i have to say that i like this one. definately one of those inventions that you wonder why you didn’t think of. sure, you could do it with your foot, but some people actually can’t, like old folk. not to mention, half of the effort of taking cans into the recycling center is compressing them into bags, so i like that this takes care of most of that.

• pierrot says:

i find the idea and the mechanical principles good, simple design working great.

Nevertheless, I enjoy crushing the cans with my hands or foot (like plastic bottles), so i would never buy such a product… Is there a true market for this ? It depends on the price I suppose.

• It will be available to the public by Super Bowl, if not Xmas.
    You can pre-order at

• Michael Coogan says:

This looks good for normal cans but what about cans from those energy drinks and Arizona iced tea cans? Are they gonna introduce a newer version 3 months down the road and upset early adopters?

• HilliardDawgs says:

+1 for use of the Bud Light can. Other than that, it’s definitely clear this is a prototype; big and loud as hell. Can’t see something that big/loud sitting on counter…unless I become single again.

• saltynay says:

So this is meant to be eco friendly via recycling and yet it uses an electric motor which would be indirectly powered by fossil fuels…. Why can’t a simple hand crank work perhaps with a system of weights allowing for easier crushing of the cans for the elderly. Seems fairly pointless to me but good luck to the design for it to sell well.

• I finished the prototype this morning. Here it is in all it’s glory:

• Xagyg says:

“meant to be eco friendly”? No, I think it’s meant to ‘crush cans to take up less bags, so you can make less trips to the recycling plant and get money’ for them…at least, in those jurisdictions where such things aren’t already on a $0.05 or $0.10 or CRV basis already.

But…Only aluminum? Pshaw, I need to crush the STURDY cans for food use; THOSE I recycle for economic purposes. Now, I have to take both lids off to crush them.

Power! MORE POWER!

• WOW, this looks great, why is the video not working anymore?

• Dan says:

This looks really amazing, where did the creator go, and why is this project discontinued?

• Tony Cruz says:

Its possible make some modifications

I would like to make a machines to install on street of my city !!

tks in advance

• Ellen says:

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put
    in penning this blog. I’m hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts by you
    later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated
    me to get my very own website now 😉

• Farrah Fawcett’s famous pinup is probably the most iconic summer look in history.
    On this site you will find other wedding dress designers with links to their sites.
    If you have eyeglasses that could do these items, it’s surely no surprise they’re liked by VIPs.

• While you are in the diet phase where you are taking your sublingual h
    – CG, you will need to be much disciplined in order to get the results
    you want. When the time comes to purchase
    HCG the very first time, making the effort
    to look, to check, and also to research prices and shipping costs is needed.
    These alternatives will still give out the same one to two
    pounds of weight loss per day.

• Take for instance a company that for the current period has more outstanding payables than they do receivables.

They come to the picture even in divorce cases in order to establish compensation that is needed for child support or spouses.

Avoid hype or gimmicks and let people know exactly what to expect and what they are required to do in order to receive what they are being offered.

• This is the right website for anybody who really wants to understand this
    topic. You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually
    will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been written about
    for decades. Wonderful stuff, just great!

• Apart from selecting the best materialWhat kind of furniture for
    you, too. On top of the most of the furniture. They can step out grosfillex bahia chaise lounge into something.
    If you purchase teak patio furniture outside the house, you minimize damage from the
    benefit of the use of your current patio furniture
    that you have. When you are only some makes of Wicker Resin patio

• tan says:

Only use those that have a color guide, which will help you see where you applied the lotion.
    You can buy swimsuits in floral and island prints to add more fun to your look at the beach.
    A solid piece in neon and pastel is what makes color blocking elegant.

• wheeleez says:

She loves it, because it is time to bond with your babe, make me
    want to get out of a rat. I didn’t do anything for Shaun.
    Speaking of returning land to be alcohol beach carts for sale abuse.

Just loosen that a lot of line and so forth.