Playstation 4 Clear

Forget all your Playstation 3s. Forget your Playstation 3 thin models with multiple lovely colors, forget even the earlier design by this same designer, Tai Chiem, that PSP 2 concept he whipped up last year, no! Check this thang out. It’s the Playstation 4. Tai Chiem’s Playstation 4 concept: that’s how you know it’s wild. And with clear material and minimalistic aesthetics in play, you’ve got one Tai-tastic amalgamation, to be sure.

BONUS: that other spaceshippy looking thing is his “xbox 720.” Lollers! I’m reminded of the comic on Penny Arcade where they first talk about the xbox controller being harder to hold than a grizzly bear. It’s HUGE!

SO! PS4! What’ve we got here? Bluetooth integration, plastic/glass backs and middles. LCD screen(s) on both the controller and the system itself. The same classic aesthetic bone structure for the controller that PS has always had. The same ability to turn the system on it’s side (I always thought that was a super-simple super-genius feature of the PS series.) And the continuation of the standard “CD” disk size for games.

I’m hoping for the games to come in cube form, allowing you to just scan the cube for a new game. How cool would that be? Totally cool.

Designer: Tai Chiem

Note: This post is also posted quite nicely on Design Year Book by Borabora!

ps401

Playstation 4 Clear by Tai Chiem

ps403

ps404

ps405

ps406

ps407

• snake says:

wow if i had a ps4 i wouldnt be playing BEJEWELED! idiots.

• navdeep says:

wow it much better then the new xbox bot if you drop it it will break

• navdeep says:

wow it much better then the new xbox bot if you drop it it will break

• ciaran s says:

so where are the 4 back button situated on this controller ?

• ciaran s says:

so where are the 4 back button situated on this controller ?

• Andrew Kline says:

How do you hook this up to your tv??

• Andrew Kline says:

How do you hook this up to your tv??

• bob says:

when will this console be released in the uk

• bob says:

when will this console be released in the uk

• anon says:

Gatdam you guys are all RETARDS, when the ps3 came out sony said it wasnt making another ps.

• Anonymous says:

I think you need to take one more look in the mirror with that retarded statement because you are way off.

• anon says:

• Anonymous says:

• vicky says:

is it gonna come in with GOW4 too or what?!

• vicky says:

is it gonna come in with GOW4 too or what?!

• Anonymous says:

Its a FAKE!!! the zoomed up version of the Playstation Controller is digital.

• Anonymous says:

Its a FAKE!!! the zoomed up version of the Playstation Controller is digital.

• Sheish says:

No shit, sherlock, it's fake? WOOOW, i guess that's OBVIOUS taking in account that the main consoles are right now receiving updates, BUT, it's a nice design, tho. I would buy it but ONLY if it has physical copies of its games, i do not hate downloadable content, or nothing like that, but if anything happens to my hardware, or my software, sony, or the company that publishes the games, WILL put a lot of “buts” to force my to buy the game again.
    I love videogames, but the companies don't love me for loving their games, they only want me to pay.

• destroyercheetah says:

innnnnnnnteresting

• Sony blows says:

CD players went out of style in the 90's, why would you design a futuristic console after something outdated? Somebody failed pretty hard on this pos.

• Andrew Kephart says:

Playstation won't make their system like this. Its a prototype for show and It will take at least a few more years until it goes into market with a design nothing like that glass game system.

• kyle says:

most futuristic designs I've seen are “glassy” or “transparent” which is totally cool in the eyes… the fail part goes to commenters who take it pretty seriously. Designers are not engineers or programmers

• Olivia says:

That's so cool! When would the release year be?

• Drew says:

if that black looking thing is the next Xbox, that thing looks absolutely horrendous.

• dave says:

OMG soooooo cool

• dave says:

OMG soooooo cool

• mike says:

this is very cool looking but if it would ever be dropped it looks like it would break very easly. if it is stable and it looked like this i would deff. buy it!

• mike says:

• harper says:

yeah…and where would the hard drive go?

• Tico M. says:

Theres no need to be a dumbass racist.

• jpmaze says:

uppity high class why don’t you go efff your self off with you piece of turd friends, and if you or your parents didn’t have money you would be drinking your best friends dads piss, the only thing thats high in your class is your family’s credit card debt, that in turn not pay back and file bankruptcy and pull a pirate hooker move that you and your wanna be high class people do all the time,and put a country into real debt, its your class that should be deported for wasting money that you don’t have,oh and by the way “real upper class real people” have way more class then you and wouldn’t be talking you with no class degrading someone for how they talk, maybe you should go use your daddy’s over loaded credit card so you can pay them to talk like you, and then go back to your broken loveless home, so ill buy my self something to cheer me up,and when my parents fight i go call my friend to sell me some mary jane,and meth and then cry your self to sleep like the punk that you are cause you cant buy your place on where you stand in this earth, dont worry when you die you can tell god how cool you were and how you thought your were a better person and how you could just tell people who can and can’t speak and curse them into the projects while you stold their future away so you could live a like a royal virus that you are

• otaru says:

afffsome oopps i ment awesome i see the second pic seems to show somewhat a disc/cd of what type am not aware of may some blue ray isht o so bt fuck it best come with a non fragile stand kit else we shall need 5 years break guarantee from sony

• nichole says:

SWEET! My husband will be all over this! LOL

• justin says:

no u r right way tooooo fragile but pretty sweet i say man it looks sweet i would still buy it no way i wouldnt nut i like another design as well too

• ps3 says:

Fantastic web site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you in your sweat!

• My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was totally right.

This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much
    time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

• All these top five music torrents are available at Torrents – HQ.
    Patan could be the oldest city in the Ksthmandu valley and
    may be the home for Nepalese architecture, arts,
    traditions, and crafts drawing mainly from religious customs.

I can see this website that provides free downloads of movie torrents at
    simply no cost.