Footloose – Adjustable High Heels by Marte den Holllander

The high-heeled shoe is a classic example of a no pain, no gain product. Women wearing them take so much trouble for granted! I decided to challenge this compromise. Would it be possible to make a shoe having all advantages of high heels, just as well as the comfort of flats I designed a shoe with a high heel, which can be changed into a shoe with a low heel. No more extra pairs of shoes in your bag, no more trouble driving a car or walking stairs, no more painful feet, no more knee and ankle damage For such a product to be a serious alternative for regular heels it has to be mechanically and ergonomical-ly sound, and moreover: it has to have allure!

The character of this shoe is in the heel shape. It has separate tips for both positions. While being used in one position, the other heel tip is kept out of sight in and opening in the sole. The shoe is being transformed with a simple and quick movement: one just pulls the heel downwards to release it, after which it can be folded in or out as preferred. The adjustment of the heel position automatically changes the curvature of the sole to fit the altered shape of the foot. This mechanism has been patented.

Designer: Marte den Holllander [ Via: Core77 ]

• Barton Smith says:

Ahhh I had this idea a few years ago!!

• gopi says:

wow………! very nice….!

• Javier Sáenz says:

Great design,…I'm not sure how it works since the foot bed (sole) needs to be rigid in order to work in high heel mode and support weight. If the foot bed has the ability to soften in order to accommodate a different heel height how does the foot bed structure flex in order to work in low heel mode? Curious! The design is beautiful though…

• Javier Sáenz says:

Great design,…I’m not sure how it works since the foot bed (sole) needs to be rigid in order to work in high heel mode and support weight. If the foot bed has the ability to soften in order to accommodate a different heel height how does the foot bed structure flex in order to work in low heel mode? Curious! The design is beautiful though…

• Agasa says:

Darn had an idea like this too but removable. This is cool though! I like it I would buy it.

• Shoe King says:

oh well guess your a bit l8 on the market i had this idea about 5 years ago, and made it all work!! adjustable free movement sole with removable and foldable (similar to above) patented heel but leaves no gap for muck / dirt intrusion into the fold away and has soft fit padded open toe.

so oh well kids you really should move quicker when you have an idea

• bongi says:

HI shoe king.

Can I please have your email address.. I’d like to ask you a few questions about your product..

Thx a mil

• Bart says:

Hi Shoe King!

I am a student in Portugal and we are working on a small (virtual!) company to produce and sell shoes with an adjustable heel. We have some questions about machinery, type of sole to use to keep it solid, …
      Can you please send me your email address? You could really help us.

Thanks in advance!

-FlexiShoe-

• 9531028 says:

I admired this designer for this bright idea.

• 9531028 says:

looks really cool
    i think it’s only suitable for appearing in the comic books and science fiction film

• wellso says:

excellent design!I like this one

• jack says:

Like most good designs, already a product out there.

• Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which
    blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because
    I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform.

I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• The evolution of video games includes interesting highlights and also events that explain the reason how these kinds of games began. Total gamers is the perfect website
    to buy video games. Please give me a few minutes of your time and come with me down memory lane to relive the glory days of video games, even just for a few
    moments.