The Dispensable Tag

The elaborate tags that accompany new clothes are a necessary evil. Once you’ve snipped them off your new purchase, they find their way to the bin and that’s the end of them. To make their life more useful, here is an idea of using soapy soluble, printable strips that can be added as detergent, to the first wash. Interesting idea that is worth exploring! What do you think?

Hang Tag is a 2014 iF Design – Concept Design entry.

Designers: Danghui Li, Yuexin Huang, Yao Zhang & Long Chen

• Mike says:

Interesting idea, but curious if:

1. Soap and laundry detergent can be converted into a durable enough material to withstand the taxing lifecycle a garment takes from completion to being on the shelf or in the customer’s hand.

2. The water soluble tags can withstand heat and humidity — something I assume would be rather common with new clothing being packed in bag/boxes and traveling internationally or domestically from origin to destination.

3. The cost is comparable to regular hang tags.

While the concept is admirable, whether or not brands would use it will depend on one or all of the above factors.

Love the idea though. Very creative!

• si says:

T-SHITRT??

• Pooja M says:

Sourceful work

• I bet a few people will steal the tags to get free soap :p

• Cheyenne Potter says:

Hello,

I own a western shirt company I would like to purchase hanging tags from you. We have a strong focus on sustainability and this would fit our vision. Please contact me!

Thank You!

• Cheyenne Potter says:

Hello,

I would like to purchase these hanging tags for my women’s western wear line. We have a strong focus on sustainability and this would work out perfect for us. Please contact me!

Thank You!

• Viviana Orduz says:

I own a shirt company. I would like to purchase hanging tags from you. We have a strong focus on sustainability and this would fit our vision.

Is The water soluble tags can withstand heat and humidity?

Please contact me to get more information about prices, shipping etc.

• Viviana Orduz says:

I own a shirt company. I am interesting in purchase hanging tags from you.
    Is The water soluble tags can withstand heat and humidity?

Please contact me to get more information about prices, shipping etc.

• Danghui li says: