Monitor Your Vision

Imagine being able to stare at your computer screen all day long without your glasses or contact lenses. A farfetched though for myopic folks like me, unless we undergo surgery; or we see the fruition of the i-Free concept. The idea is to have auto-correcting screen that portrays images according to the prescription number you have. This ways you strain your eyes lesser and it helps your vision in the long run. I’m all ears to know more if this idea is plausible; any comments?

i-Free is a 2013 iF Design Award winner.

Designer: Ryan Jongwoo Choi

• Hunter says:

I don’t have prescription glasses or contacts, but my computer still gives me headaches. What would I do then?

• David F says:

Too bad the designer doesn’t understand how corrective lenses work. This idea will go nowhere.

• jer5ey says:

Maybe for now it sounds a bit far fetched but this is a design idea. Engineers will find the way sooner or later (if it turn out to be commercially viable) – I don’t know, maybe based on sub crystal Fresnel principle, maybe some use for magic graphene :). I will buy one when it is on the market, and has a reasonable price 🙂

• propaganda says:

This idea is incredibly vague. What does it actually do? The only way it can work is by magnifying the screen to ensure the person looking at it can see the detail, in the same way a kindle can enlarge the print. The designer has no idea about optics and eyes, his liberal use of the technical term Amblyopia indicates this. Buy a pair of glasses, cheaper, and they do actually work.

• W.Jeong says:

It is a design idea, and engineers could find the way if possible, except there can’t be the possible way. You can tell this is just stupid idea when you just see basic physics. This is not even design. This can’t be even Scifi.

• Rob says:

People have two eyes, and often they are different prescriptions.

Would work good for Cyclops’ I think.

• Iv An says:

I have a better idea. A device with a small display and a slider at the bottom that will let me change the gravity around me: 9.8 by default, smaller positive values for smaller weight, zero for levitation, numbers greater than 9.8 for gym.

Engineers will find the way sooner or later (if it turn out to be commercially viable) – I don’t know, maybe some use for magic graphene 🙂 . I will buy one when it is on the market, and has a reasonable price.

Can I get my iF Design Award please?

• de wa says:

Wonderful and clever idea. Be sure this will solve problems somehow.

• Yuval says:

The design of the i-Free seems interesting to me. Have you managed to investigate the physical/engineering problem yet?

• ILOVECOINPOUCHES says:

F.lux! Its a fantastic program that changes the frequency of the light off of electronic devices and has helped me with this

• Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are not understanding anything totally, however this article gives nice understanding yet.

• I am really thankful to the holder of this website
    who has shared this great paragraph at at this time.

• Erick says:

If some one needs expert view about running a blog afterward i advise him/her to visit this
    webpage, Keep up the fastidious job.

• icc worlԀ cup 2015 schedule ree download

• Owen says:

It’s genuinely very complicated in this busy life to listen news on TV, so I only use web for that reason, and take the latest news.

• Cynthia says:

This excellent website certainly has all the info I wanted concerning this subject and
    didn’t know who to ask.

• This excellent website certainly has all
    of the information I needed about this subject and
    didn’t know who to ask.

• Teodoro says:

The company should have years in the entertainment business
    and have the reputability in the industry that qualifies
    them as outstanding. The frequencies that
    come out of the centre channel are generally midrange on up through the highs.
    I eventually realized that just having a bunch of high quality speakers doesn’t mean you’ll get a life-like movie experience.

• I savour, cause I found exactly what I used to be taking a look for.

You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye

• Most players who have tried playing three dimensional
    games do not find regular two dimensional games interesting as the visuals are not so realistic.
    Like so many other players just like you: You’ve probably seen a type
    of product that you’ve always wanted to buy but you just did not have enough gold
    or money for it. With each other, they form a format, basis,
    and inspiration to start your lofty endeavors.

• I think the admin of this web site is really working hard
    in support of his website, since here every information is quality based information.

• It is a slashed cost service in addition to the pitch will be obtained on-line 247.

• As a substitute, purchase periodic breaks only once you are feeling
    that you require them, whatever the time invested finishing up workout
    routines.

• What’s up ttօ every one, it’s in fact a good for me too go to seee thiѕ ѕite, it consists of useful Information.

• Wherever possible, I like to form an opinion based on fact rather than just jump on a popular
    bandwagon for the sake of it. Directors in Hollywood and Bollywood can opt to shoot their movies through any of the alternatives.
    As she takes her journey back to sanity, she finds a strength
    within herself and begins to appreciate and love the person she is.

• This festival is a great reflection of Croatian tradition, and it
    is a method that is fantastic to while apart a couple of
    vivid summaer nights.

• I have fought a hard battle, given it my best, and won far more that I or anyone else ever thought I would. If they do agree to a break, they won’t leave their guy alone. I was not even aware that such concepts of time existed.