I Used to be a Washing Machine

At the end of a clothes washing machine’s lifespan, we have no problem leaving the old thing out on the curb. What’s it good for anyway, right? Wrong! Did you know that inside your old washer is a chair…or 2… or 3??!!  Taking repurposed material to a whole new level, Tony Grigorian shares his “I Used to be a Washing Machine” project with us and shows YOU how to DIY your own chairs from washing machine scrap. Check out the vid to see how it’s done!

Designer: Tony Grigorian

• Hunter says:

“At the end of a clothes washing machine’s lifespan, we have no problem leaving the old thing out on the curb…” and I’m still using mine.

Funny how that works.

• ipesdu26 says:

Carter. I agree that Deborah`s c0mment is good, on friday I got a gorgeous Cadillac sincee geting a check for $7338 this last month and-a little over, $10,000 lass-month. with-out a doubt this is the nicest work Ive had. I began this four months/ago and almost straight away got me over $70, per/hr. I use this website,,…………….zee44.com

• Ari Z. says:

I’ve seen furniture re-purposed and furniture made out of reclaimed wood, but I’ve never seen a washing machine turned into furniture! I do have to wonder though how comfortable the chair is that is made out of the washer drum. The metal accents look really nice, but how are they to sit on?

• Mrs.Anny says:

You have to shared the great thoughts for use of washing machine.great idea you shared with us.

• Emiley says:

There is a very easy steps you give for the use of washing machine.

• Diya says:

Nice used the waste material of washing machine parts and you make it very nice chair..Good steps you give for that.

• Mr Walter says:

The step you given over here are very much useful but still something is missing, i have tried it to many times but not working.

• Kate says:

That such a great thought you by using a waste washing machine parts,you are making a chair and its too simple.