Purrrrfect Jag

Inspired by the vintage Jag e-type of the 1960s, the Jaguar XKX concept finds a modern balance between pure muscle and supreme elegance. The design returns to the total smoothness of the brand’s original models with soft, fluid lines that dip and curve into one another like liquid. Vintage inspiration combined with highly advanced tech (I.E. – an outer skin that recharges the battery) make this one fierce kitty.

With a much smaller and cooler power plant than conventional models, the aerodynamics were conceived in a new innovative way. The side deflector intakes of the front are broader so a much less air gets stuck by the engine- instead, it flows behind the front wheels, moving behind them and sliding along the doors before taking another shortcut through the rear wheels and out from the large rear openings. This greatly reduces the total flowing path and subsequently drag.

Designers: Hussain Almossawi & Marin Myftiu

• Steve says:

I don’t really see any reference to the styling of the E-Type in this design. I think the design needs a lot more refinement.

• Dave says:

Like the headlights, don’t like the slots under them, too reminiscant of bags under the eyes. Really like the rear brake lights, not sold on the vents/aerodynamics, they throw off the proportions and I think theres a fair bit of artistic licence in saying they’re going to improve the aerodynamics. Ultimately I like some parts, not so wild on others but I agree with above, doesn’t look like a jag, it’s too busy with all the vents and the backend in silhouette is definately not Jag, seems more like a citroen or renault to me. To get a Jag look I’d lose the vents, widen the front grill and lower it, put a crease in the boot and give it an upkick, the line is already there, just extend it.

• eddd222 says:

generating energy from the wind flowing through the car body will result in more fuel/energy consumption. The car will use more fuel/energy than is being genereated. There is no free lunch.

• designunity says:

sorry i don’t see any style elements of the legendary e type. the design looks to me more like a 2007 hyundai coupé. sorry for that negative judgement for these tons of work.

• Allen zhag says:

agree.

• Nick says:

To be honest this is a nice looking car but I really love the 50 years in transition shape. I think this is a much better style translation.

• Hunter says:

Finally! The design of a car that can run over speed bumps!