For the Minimalist on the Run

The Nespresso coffee maker just made me realize how ugly and nonsensical most other coffee makers on the market truly are. It seems like even single serving makers are just getting bigger and more complicated to use, right?! This design provides a simple, clean, and precise experience for the user through minimum action to operate and a straightforward aesthetic. Perfect when there’s no time for French press.

Advisors: Mr. Alex Padwa and Mr. Gilad Davidi

Designer: Tali Shilo

• Johan says:

I like it. I approve! And I could actually use a new coffee brewer after my old one broke down..

• Tali Shilo says:

I would like to notice that I’m an industrial design student at Shenkar college in Israel.

• R says:

I would like to notice that this is a very good rip-off of Siemens coffe brewer+Moccamaster coffe brewer 🙂 ouch

• omer says:

And i would like to notice that you are a total douch
    and if you ever looked at the machine that you’ve mentioned you’d notice that it is nothing like that one…

go check your eyes man…

• WZhang says:

I love Nespresso! I’m sipping one as I type this 🙂 where do the spent capsules go? In my “essenza” model they drop into a bin, that clogs when full. Love the clean design you came up with. It’s defenetly different than current models.

• Mim says:

great shape, nice details. like to have one of these! why so serious?? 🙂

• RaulJones says:

If there’s “no time for a French press”, then I’d say there’s a serious time management problem somewhere.

I (also) have the *best* coffeemaker in the world…the last of the Braun KF-12s. 4 cup. Gold mesh filter. 205 degree brew temp. 50 revolutions of whole bean through my Zassenhaus (yes, I grind by hand), and I have the best…cup…evar. No pre-packed capsule swill for me. Sorry, but there’s much more to a *good* cup of coffee than…”aesthetics”.

• WZhangID says:

^Sorry that all of us don’t have the “best” coffee maker in the world like you are blessed with, nor are we blessed with this free time you speak of. Some of us have much more important things to worry about in the morning than boiling water and hanging around the french press. There must be alot of us with this “serious time management” problem you speak of.

Don’t knock it until you have tried it, which you obviously haven’t since you are comparing this to a drip coffee maker. These machines are primarily used to make espresso (there are versions that make cappuccinos too). and the quality is pretty damn good too (rivaling much more expensive machines). Not only that, it makes them consistently with very little room for user error. So yes, you are right about their being more to a “good” cup than “aesthetics”, and the nespresso system actually does that.

• John Brzezinski says:

I would like to comment that this design is outstanding. I would buy this in a heartbeat. Great job!

• David Claytor says:

Stunning. I’d buy one in a heartbeat, too.

• Tali Shilo says:

Thank you!

• Manjari says:

it took my breath away! well done! 🙂