Soft, Light and Wind Friendly Car

VENTILE takes everything we know about cars and throws it out of the window. The powertrain starts off innocently enough being a gas/electric hybrid but there’s a third system – a giant fan. Air comes rushing in through the front, spins the fan situated beneath the battery and drives the car. How is this possible? The VENTILE barely weights 350 kg thanks to its translucent, soft shell and small rubberless wheels. I love when designers go out on a limb, far-fetched or not. I’d drive it!

Designer: Thierry Dumaine

• Erik says:

Do designers simply not care about the laws of physics? Or are they so arrogant that they think that physical reality does not apply to them?

• MDesigns says:

Erik, a lot of these are student designers. I do not take things like this seriously. I do remember doing pretentious things like this when I was young fresh out of HS. Its a good thing to get it out of your system before you get serious. We can help by offering our critique…I am assuming he is young….he is a lot more skilled of rendering techniques than I was way back then. Good luck.

• Johnny says:

Rubberless wheels make for a VERY bumpy ride.

• ori shavit says:

If this is a student of industrial or automotive design, im a bit disappointed. I would rather see inovation through research the of the existing, then seeing farfetched ideas with out any grasp of reality.
    All these being said an done, I’ll add that im a student of industrial design and, as a student, I dont see how does such unrealistic ideas are of any use for a designer in training. eventually one will encounter real life. This kind of ideas will get him nowhere in reality.

rendering is an aquired skill, real innovative thinking? not so much.

• Otaku says:

Sorry what is design about this…it looks like an engineer did this. No realy sculpted surface no fresh interpretation of surfaces/forms or something else. Just shown that he can use a 3d render programm. I can not understand that things like this get posted as serious design.

• Nathan says:

I’d love to see some crash tests of this car. Also why don’t you use the power of the engine to charge the battery instead of making it a 4-wheel drive.

And for the wind concept: Why don’t you put a big windmill on top of the roof? It will improve the handling at top speed and generate a lot of green energy right …. ??

• Tim Driver says:

WOW ! I an “Old School Hot Rodder” who love thec as well. Love what you have done here, keep up the inspiring gooooood work.

• Tim Driver says:

I just read some of the vintom on display by some of the other “people”. Don’t listen to them ! It is quit clear they either have forgotten how important it is to dream and think “OUTSIDE” the box or never knew how to start with. Dreams are what make life enjoyable and change it for the better for ALL of us.

• ori shavit says:

theres a very fine line between thinking outside the box and daydreaming.

• Tim Driver says:

That fine line has brought us 90% of the tech we have today. I am lucky enough to get to see a lot of that “daydreaming” and how it changes the world. But that was a nice try.

• CHC325 says:

A lot of the ranting about he is out of his mind and it’s too far fetched probably sound a lot like reincarnated late 19th century people talking about the horseless carriage and manned flight. Where would we be now if those inventors listened to you sceptics? Yes it may be crude but so were those early vehicles. If you think you know better because your “in the real world” then help find a way to improve the design.

All in all sweet looking concept and where can I get one!!!

• CHC325 says:

All in all sweet looking concept and where can I get one?!!!

• abolfazl says:

If he specialized in the wind and the outflow of Torben you send me