Single Cup Special

Oh boy, this Plug Cup is going to make me lazybones. Ever since I’ve laid my eyes on it, I have wanted this concept to come to life. It’s perfect for this instant coffee and green tea glutton that I am. A simple 180° rotating 2-pin plug at the base of the cup hooks on to any power source; so imagine this hanging off the powerstrip where my computer plugs are hitched! A tight lid ensures no spills and a clamp lock keeps the cup upright at the base. The good thing is that the heating element detaches so that the cup can be cleaned easily. Coffee mix, tea, water bottle….all will sit right next to my printer!

Designers: Dong Hun Seo, Geun Hyuk Yoo, Ki Sang Yoon & Yune Jae Bang

• triple sockets are always on the floor and it means almost 10 times up and down in a day for the Middle East people beause they always drink hot things. what if a backache problem person and what if i had a naughty cat / dog. water+electric=suicide. the cap (your tight lid) doesn't have a steam filter. water boils! and it's not a steamer. if it has a stream filter (can't we see) it means triple sockets is in trouble. you also. just a red light doesn't work man.. sorry.

• Sumi says:

It looks unstable and dangerous.
    I'd rather use my ceramic cup and microwave.

• Sumi says:

It looks unstable and dangerous.
    I'd rather use my ceramic cup and microwave.

• Douglas Victor says:

It's a brilliant idea, not only does it require less energy to heat just one cup, it's alto neat to be able to reheat your green tea etc.
    Is the heater plate kept in place with magnetics or screwed on?

As for the tripple-socket thing, it's not unusual to have those on the desk in an office enviroment, it also seems to work just fine with wall sockets. I just find the cat-comment amusing, electrocuted cats is a blast. seems to have nothing to do with the design. As for the cap, in the renders it's quite clear that steam is coming up out of the mug. What's wrong with the red light? When the light is on the plate is hot, when the light is off the plate is cool.

• in my opinion it has just red light, nothing more. unuseful,not innovation, what happened to "form follows function" ? you think it's sustainable? "not for everyone,just for one person" (?) sorry but my motto is "non nobis solum" it's better for design. if you need a something like that just google it like "usb mug". you'll find 1000 of designs like this and works with usb.

• Douglas Victor says:

Is the heater plate kept in place with magnetics or screwed on?

• in my opinion it has just red light, nothing more. unuseful,not innovation, what happened to “form follows function” ? you think it's sustainable? “not for everyone,just for one person” (?) sorry but my motto is “non nobis solum” it's better for design. if you need a something like that just google it like “usb mug”. you'll find 1000 of designs like this and works with usb.

• swag says:

Damn, that is retarded. Given that making coffee is a form of cooking, this is the equivalent of a fast-food heat lamp.

And just like food that has been left under the heat lamp for too long, keeping the heat source on your coffee is a sure-fire way to make it evaporate down to bitter, over-cooked dreck.

• swag says:

• cki says:

Someone is going to get electrocuted with this!

• cki says:

Someone is going to get electrocuted with this!

• matt says:

I like the Idea it would be kind of cool if you could combine it those power mats

• matt says:

• Mike Barnard says:

My personal challenge is the picture showing the cup cantilevered out from the wall supported by its — wait for it — rotating plug. The same feature that allows the plug to rotate out from under the mug will immediately cause the mug to rotate away from the wall to either hang at a 90 degree angle or more likely yank the plug out of the socket. In either case, heating would fail. In the second case, the cup would possibly shatter and the plug would possibly bend.

Any solution that would both last and support the weight of a cup of water by one edge would be unlikely to be easily moved with fingers.

Cheers,
    Mike

• yankofan says:

Totally agree with Kemal. Not thoroughly thought out and just something the designer thought might be cool. Sad thing is that 4 people came up with an idea that would just not work nor would anyone need.

• yankofan says:

• Ryan says:

So dangerous….it's not particularly interesting and not new.

• Ryan says:

So dangerous….it's not particularly interesting and not new.

• Igor Chak says:

It took 4 designers to come up with this smart design -____-

• Igor Chak says:

It took 4 designers to come up with this smart design -____-

• Nico Thom says:

green tea spilled over green energy might not prove healthy

• Nico Thom says:

green tea spilled over green energy might not prove healthy

• Grey says:

Trying way to hard to keep a cup warm.

• Grey says:

Trying way to hard to keep a cup warm.

• Vinu says:

Designed to be eventful… 😛

• Vinu says:

Designed to be eventful… 😛

• Ziwen Zhao says:

The design has been existed and too old-fashioned.

• sarah says:

now this is a good idea. my coffee at tea get cold tooooo fast and this little gadget looks like a winner to me. where can i buy one?

• JPL says:

Because the first thing you want near an electrical outlet is an open container of piping hot coffee.

• Milos says:

Nice… if it only had a cable it would be better and safer.

• MixtLupus says:

Lets try this out, I do hope I don’t spill this hot liquid in to that live power socket… oh dear I’m dead and my house is on fire.

• Jous says:

How much temperature heats the liquid?

Where can I buy it??

• marie says:

Just what I am looking for.
    Great for the office.

• maria esther cutimbo says:

PLEASE WHERE CAN I BUY ONE

• Sergiy says:

I want to buy 2 cups like this.
    Please respond with contact data and other details.
    Thank you.