Ergonomic Strap

The Split Strap is designed and developed with maximum ergonomics and comfort in mind. After studying how straps interact with the structures of the shoulder, neck and back, designer Benjamin Wong discovered that the planar/flat profiled nature of existing straps did not contour to the body well causing unequal weight/force distribution, discomfort and possible strain. The design utilizes a split in the strap which creates multiple points where the strap can sit and conform to the body -distributing weight evenly and increasing comfort. Gimme!

Designer: Benjamin Wong for Custom SLR

• CritiqueAL says:

uhhhhhh… riiiight… it's just a WIDE shoulder pad…like all other wide shoulder pads. That split along the middle part is pretty useless. And what's the deal with the hinged strap lock? Jeez!

• CritiqueAL says:

• Jon says:

well it looks cool but how could I easily hook it up to my, say laptop bag that has the normal wrap around holder.

• Jon says:

I forgot to add this on but I think I can see how that would be a good idea because when I have my laptop bag on it always feels like pins and needles because it all centers at the middle even though its a relatively wide handle but wouldn't you worry about pinching of the skin?

• Jon says:

• Jon says:

• Robert Lee says:

Looks like it’s doing well Time for the Superbowl!

• Robert Lee says:

Looks like it’s doing well Time for the Superbowl!

• @LordMami says:

I quit using messenger bags because of the strap being a pain in my shoulder. Haha. This would be nice if it really worked. I don't really understand the swivel clasp though.

• @LordMami says:

• Lepton says:

if normal people have that large shoulders, well why not 😛