Patch of Coffee Green

Mugs aren’t just plain ceramic objects that hold beverages. They have grown to become something meaningful with sentimental value. A whole industry thrives by selling us zodiac related goods, love messages and what not. Adding to that list is “Grow Up”, a set of mugs with grassy bottoms. The concept is good, I just got a Message Bean, which I am nurturing, so a gifted mug/ grass patch is most welcome.

Designer: Jinsik Kim

• The Realist says:

Is the magical force that’s levitating the mug in the final picture the same magical force that keeps the “ground” stuck to the glazed porcelain?

• The Realist says:

• gunes says:

obviously not dishwasher safe. USB mug heater would ruin it. Collects the coffee drips and probably drips on your pants. How can boiling water not make the grass dry?

• gunes says:

• ryandiedrich says:

I love the idea of merging the sentimental value of the coffee mug with the slow-burn of the growing grass. The ideas of water, feeding life in the cup entitled "Mom's mug" makes this a strong concept. However I have to agree with the above comments asking: what keeps the grass in the mug when upright (filled with water), and what keeps the water in the mug when overturned to grow the grass?

• ryandiedrich says:

I love the idea of merging the sentimental value of the coffee mug with the slow-burn of the growing grass. The ideas of water, feeding life in the cup entitled “Mom's mug” makes this a strong concept. However I have to agree with the above comments asking: what keeps the grass in the mug when upright (filled with water), and what keeps the water in the mug when overturned to grow the grass?

• Jinsik Kim says:

I think grass can live two conditions because we play soccer or baseball on grass for long time and grow up a grass doll.
    It is also be longer time for dry or overturning.
    And i do not think glass or mugs should do dishwashing with cleaner a lot.
    And i have a doubt that a cup using washing-up liquid is more clean than no washing-up liquid.
    However, my concern is that plant is conducted heat.
    So, I had to find the material and the structure for preventing heat.
    A gap between space to fill with water and to grow up plants creates humidity.

thank you for attention.

• Jinsik Kim says:

It is also be longer time for dry or overturning.
    And i do not think glass or mugs should do dishwashing with cleaner a lot.
    However, my concern is that plant is conducted heat.
    So, I had to find the material and the structure for preventing heat.
    A gap between space to fill with water and to grow up plants creates humidity.

thank you for attention.

• Mug Man says:

They are good for serving ice cream too!

• Mug Man says:

They are good for serving ice cream too!

• marmoter says:

Thanks for sharing. It is impressive. By the way, we are an online shop wholesale china electronics such as mobile phones, tablet PC, mp3 player and so on. You are welcome to visit our shop for any shopping purpose. Have a nice day.

• marmoter says:

• I like the idea of ​​merging the sentimental value of the cup of coffee with the smoldering of the growing grass. The ideas of water, food in the cup of life is called “Mom cup” makes a strong concept, but I agree with previous comments ask. What makes the grass in the cup and upright (with water), and keeps the water in the cup rollover to grow grass?