The Obedient Nodding Faucet

Nodding to your command and obediently spraying out water, this is the Nodding Faucet for you. The idea is to push down the tap to start the flow and push it up, to stop. No-fuss, minimal, sleek and bare…all resonate in this design. I know some of you may argue that sensor taps will be better, since no touching is involved…for once, just lighten up and take pleasure in something different and cute!

Designers: Jiang Wu, Caiyong Wang, Xiaoliang Wang, Yongyong Zhong, Chuanghai Song, Dezhi Jin & Pengfei Zhang

• Jan Erlandsen says:

Elegant!

In this day and age when there´s so much talk about carbon footprint and energy consumption and whatnot, it baffles me how many already simple and quite well functioning existing solutions are “enhanced” by electronics. A sensor faucet may dazzle with its apparent magic, and I admit that from a sanitary point of view a faucet operable without physical contact is a clever thing. However, this design is clean, simple and cost efficient to implement, and it works even during a power failure! 🙂

Thumbs up for this one.

• Jan Erlandsen says:

Elegant!

Thumbs up for this one.

• everlastingz says:

i love the design concept here, unfortunately this is no environmentally friendly faucet when you see water flowing down in streams like what they depict. sure it wouldnt look elegant, but a spray-type nozzle is far more environmentally friendly.

• everlastingz says:

• osanke says:

there will be loads of finger prints on that high gloss stainless steel surface…. and it will look really disgusting. May I suggest matting certain areas where one is most likely to touch, in fact the matt areas can become a visual and tactile guide for users to only place their hands on certain areas.

• osanke says:

• ringo kan says:

cool!!!!!!!!!!

• ringo kan says:

cool!!!!!!!!!!

• Laura says:

I think it looks great, although I would be concerned about how to change between hot and cold.

• Laura says:

• irakari says:

Looks great. And how will switch the hot and cold treatment?

• irakari says:

Looks great. And how will switch the hot and cold treatment?

• irakari says:

very stylish!

• irakari says:

very stylish!

• Trinity says:

It's really cool and looks kind a classy.

• Trinity says:

It's really cool and looks kind a classy.

• kynphlee says:

I like the concept, but to make it a winner, you need 3 sensors: one to control the on/off for the faucet, one for cold water and one for hot. The faucet can still work mechanically the same way you designed it to, but the on/off sensor will determine when the faucet is turned on and off and for how long.

Here's where the beauty comes in: the water that comes in by default is 50/50 for hot and cold. The sensors for hot and cold can be placed on the left and right of the faucet as how conventional faucet knobs are placed. A person can then place their hand over the hot or cold sensor for a certain amount of time to preset how much hot or cold water they want, then place their hands under the faucet to turn it on, with the water at the temperature they want.

• atohms says:

MY God…try explaining that to my mom.

It's a simple and elegant solution as it is. I'd say no choosing between hot and cold. Just on and off.
      Very nice design

• kynphlee says:

• atohms says:

MY God…try explaining that to my mom.

Very nice design