Transforming Flashlight

Have to think to myself…what a great idea! A flashlight that split opens to become a lamp….and what’s more, the solar cells recharge even in the open lamp status! Essentially you’re making use of the handy flashlight even when it’s not an emergency. I can imagine using this in place of a table lamp or hang it up instead of a bulb. So, Yanko readers where do you think you will use this MIA Electric Flashlight Lamp?

Designer: Jia Dai

• vogelcube says:

Eveready has been producing these for a decade or so. They have a much more usable & durable design, as instead of ripping the device apart, it just moves the light source away from the focusing mirrors into a transparant plastic tube.

• vogelcube says:

• Korbl says:

Haven't seen the eveready flashlight lamp you describe, but in my experience, Eveready=Cheap, ugly crap, so I'd much rather use this design here, unless it was prohibitively expensive. I'm sure the Eveready uses batteries, too, while this is solar, and thus more cost efficient, and producing less waste.

• Korbl says: