Toothbrush Upstanding Tall, With Pride

Ever felt icky about putting down your toothbrush onto the sink? Keep it rested on the toothpaste or balance it on the soap dish, but never flat on the sink surface! For hygiene-freaks like me is the DEWS Toothbrush by Ryan and Harc, an ergonomically designed brush that keeps standing upright and never tipples over. There are weights at the end of its rounded handle to create a centre of gravity at the handle base. When you set it down, it stays put for a second and then springs back upright. Tumble-doll-brush!

DEWS bagged the Red Dot Concept Award last year.

Designers: Hyun Jin Yoon & Eun Hak Lee

dews

Dews Toothbrush by Hyun Jin Yoon & Eun Hak Lee

dews3

• confucius says:

Beat me to it! I had this exact idea, sketched in my sketchbook back in 2007, I even made a nice 3d model but I shelved it to focus on ‘other stuff’ so it just sat there on my E:/ drive with a bunch of other models. Unseen by anyone.
    This is a lesson to myself and all of you who lock up your ideas, coz someone soon enough will think of the same thing and beat ya to it.

Good luck with it, I hope you take this further, and congrats on the red-dot.

• khang says:

Great!!!I like this very much!!

• Adam says:

This is good, I’d like a cap that snaps on it too

• Bibadibbi says:

This is actually really useful. At first I thought it was a gimmick, then I thought actually I’d quite like it myself.

It really needs a replacable head though, otherwise it was be very wasteful and expensive.

• Mike Vister says:

Great! I like this!

• ernest says:

Sell to the older generation who have problems grasping and holding smaller stems on normal brushes. Arthritis suffers will like it.

• C says:

blah, stole my idea from ’96

I worked with a grad design team senior year of ID and did a similar concept.

We had another concept where the base was hollow and tapered out so it created its own cylinder stand.

Love the creepy hand imagery!

• SC says:

anyone can think of upstanding stuff

I also thought bout upstanding toothbrush, and found this concept during the research stage

• Roberto says:

The problem here is that a toothbrush works for 1 or 2 month an then to the basket. This looks that is a lot of material to throw away

• bill says:

nice! i want one … now

suggestion: a more “green” design (as others mention) would include replaceable brush heads and the base would be permanent.

• christian says:

nobody ever seen that ? anybody from Deutsch ?
    that is already existed. the brand is called “radius”,maybe.
    absolutely, same concept.but it’s disappeared. I dont know why.maybe still on the market.
    I truly used that when I was child.

• Hi, how and where I can buy toothbrush?

• Hi, how and where I can buy toothbrush?

• These toothbrushes look awesome! Are they selling these everywhere? How can I get one?

• steven says:

have you started manufacturing them, and selling them, mainly in Australia, as i would be very interested in them.

• steven says:

• SC says:

anyone can think of upstanding stuff

• I actually thought that toothbrush is unhygeinic and want to redesign it. But there is a good answer!

I like it! And also why don't we design toothpaste too?

I like it! And also why don't we design toothpaste too?

• Brandon says:

I like the idea of your self standing tooth brush.

I also agreed with some people here who mention about replaceable brush or else someone will develop only the balancing part and market it as a competitor.

Anyway, where can we get it and how much is selling in the market? I am considering your reseller is possible.

• Brandon says:

I like the idea of your self standing tooth brush.

• I must admit that is a pretty cool toothbrush.

• yi says:

it may be little heavy for children

• mohammad says:

Hi there
    I am Mohammad Ahmadi from Iran.
    I would like to represent your products in Iran to take responsibility.
    Please inform me of the agency in Iran.
    If possible, the prices of goods delivered to me according to what is being represented.
    Email:mohammad_ahmadi_ir@yahoo.com