Pencil Sharpener?

Apparently I’m out of the loop but some people grind their pencils against cement flooring to sharpen it so this handy dandy device called the Re-knife makes it a bit easier with a portable stone. One side is rough, the other smooth. Who knew? Would any of you use this?

Designers: Yitu Wang & Joy Zhang

Re-Knife Pencil Knife by Yitu wang & Joy Zhang

re_knife2

• mif991 says:

I use 3 to 4 pencils to draw (I’m old school) a week and a sandpaper board. My sharpener is pretty good and instant, so no I wouldn’t use it. And I cannot see students being able to use it for it could be considered a weapon at school.

• Alec006 says:

weapon???? where in crazy USA we don’t kill people in our schools dude!

• mif991 says:

Try California…several cases of children (high school age) being expelled with zero tolerance. But hey, you are free to try it! All the designer has to do is ask LAUD!

• frezzingaces says:

oh and a sharp pencil isn’t a weapon at school?

• mif991 says:

No. but a knife is. Ask LAUD or your local School District if you don’t believe…

• Cesar Urriola says:

Maybe changing the material of the blade, don`t using metal, it`ll can be used on schools.
    That`s a challenge for the designer.
    Good Luck

• Meira says:

I would use this, i use an electric sharpener now and the thing cuts pencils down to the size of a toothpick before it’s usable. So Yea, i want one.

• Ryan says:

Pretty cool, i think. But instead of metal try porcelain or some sort of stone. Either that or just take out the blade portion and use it as a grinder.

• E.J. says:

I could use it. Problem for me would come down to which side is smooth and which rough. Theoretically, I suppose it would cut through if both sides were rough so long as it had a blade at the edge. However, if it only performs well cutting smooth to the pencil, I’d have to insist on a left-handed knife. This thing is perfect for college students – so who cares if they wouldn’t be able to sport one in California high schools?

• rommel says:

this will be great for model makers

• Jesse says:

I would indeed use this.