Squishy Light Spheres

Infectious is a light concept made up of modular silicone spheres charged in a set-up one could call a luminous tree. The spheres react to each other so pile them up to bring on the illumination. It’s soft, squishy, and the kind of lighting that makes everyone look good. No word on when it’ll hit the market but looks like the French will be the first to enjoy.

For PEGA, Designed with Cecilia Jia, and Johnny Chen

Manufacturer: Beau et Bien (France)

Designer: Julien Bergignat

Infectious1

Infectious2

Infectious3

Infectious Lamp by Julien Bergignat

• Fernando says:

Very good idea. Excellent design.

• Victor T says:

I love these! what a great idea.

• trybudi says:

i don’t get it. does the balls illuminate when they are near each other? or can they light by themselves by squishing them?

i mean i sort of get the first and last pictures, the balls are connected to the cables. but what about the pictures with balls on the floors near the plant?

• Laura says:

I think the balls are rechargable, which would explain the other pictures where they're not connected to the cable. As for the infectious part…maybe some kind of special sensors?

I wish the poster would have given more details, if he/she had any.

• Laura says:

I wish the poster would have given more details, if he/she had any.

• sj says:

looks good.

• Yogesh says:

Hi, nice design,

How does it work?
    What is the working time?
    How does it light up?
    Please give me more details, i am very interested.

• Yogesh says:

Hi, nice design,

How does it work?
    What is the working time?
    How does it light up?
    Please give me more details, i am very interested.

• Kat says:

As my middle school history teacher always said, "Reading is a skill."
    The spheres charge on the "tree", and the tree itself can be used as a light. They either light up when squished, or have a switch somewhere, and the others light up when a lit one is near the others. In order for that to work there has to be a sensor of some sort (perhaps infrared.)

• Kat says:

As my middle school history teacher always said, “Reading is a skill.”
    The spheres charge on the “tree”, and the tree itself can be used as a light. They either light up when squished, or have a switch somewhere, and the others light up when a lit one is near the others. In order for that to work there has to be a sensor of some sort (perhaps infrared.)