Relish The Sound Of Silence

The hectic fast-pace life that we lead makes us accustomed to many sounds and vibrations that literally become a part of our existence. Sounds of chirping birds and scampering squirrels may be alien but a flying jet or sirens make us comfortable. Something is wrong in this equation and if getting back to the roots (better still-meditation), is what we desire, then blocking out all external noises and channeling our inner peace is what we should be looking at. Ecocoon is just for that! It effectively blocks out “Incoming acoustic stimuli” and gets you more attuned to your inner being. Zen Bliss shall we say?

Designer: designaffairs STUDIO

ecocoon1

ecocoon2

Ecocoon – Reverse Hearing Aid by designaffairs STUDIO

ecocoon4

• Dash'n says:

I would beyond the shadow of a doubt buy two sets of these if released and if they worked properly. I hope an “offline two” mode is created as well as there would be times I want COMPLETE quiet and not even hear myself to internalize.

• Dash'n says:

• Matt Carter says:

I want these! Where can we buy them?

• Meira says:

This is ingenious! I would love a pair of these! Finally a way to truly tune out noise.

• Leo says:

Wow I must say this is something quite different and a very interesting concept.

I wonder how much will be the retail price for this one and a tie-ups with Yoga or Zen meditation groups is a lucrative business opportunity.

• Alain says:

Please move from concept to real 😉

• tommyjj says:

Great concept! But I’d think seriously about the name before marketing it to the public. A section of society might not be too pleased.

• ok..how much and where can i buy?
    sandy

• Hacik says:

I experienced sound isolation via in-ear earphones (Shure 530 with microphone with control). After getting in-ear earphones, you’ll realize two important issues:
    1) You start to hear noises from your inerts (heart, lungs, stomach and colon). This might be unpleasant for someone. If you get into contact with things (e.g. knock on doors), you will hear it. How? That’s something to do with second issue.

2) When you’re too near to noise, you will hear it even if you have best sound isolation in your ears. Thing is that you hear with all your body. Sound is transfered to your ear through your body (mostly via bones which transfer sound better than rest of your body).

• Shawn Yeatman says:

This would be the best tool for children and adults with autism who cannot handle over stimulation of sound.