While You Were Trying To Get Some Sleep On The Bus…

Someone stole your bag, kids sitting next seat were screaming, the nap in the bus sucked and now you have a muscle pull in the neck! Ah so many reasons, but the situation still remains unresolved; how do you catch your forty winks during a commute? Easy, you need a Napper! It’s a set of comfy hooded shawl with concealed earphones (that work with Bluetooth), combined with a Bluetooth lock for your luggage, and NapApp. Intrigued? Hit the jump for more info…

• Napper aims especially at sleeping in public transport.
  • It consists of a hood, whose padding makes it comfortable to lean against window panes.
  • It‘s wide cut and the scarf make it possible for you to shield yourself from the environment and create your own private cocoon.
  • Bluetooth headphones are integrated in the hood, which, together with software for the mobile phone, provide sound to fall asleep with.
  • The entire system is foldable into a compact bag and can be easily used for daily commuting as well as for longer.
  • The hood‘s inlay is padded with 3Mesh material, which has a soft cushioning effect and high shock absorption against the vibrating windows.
  • On the outer side of the headphones is covered in Sorbothane, a plastic foil which has noise absorbing properties.
  • Inside the hood, Napcap‘are integrated Bluetooth headphones which, together with the traveler’s mobile phone, play music, send the wake-up alarm and the warning signal, in case the traveler’s luggage is moved.
  • The headphones can easily be taken out of the hood, when you want to wash it.
  • Small LED lights on the headphones give information about the remaining battery life and Bluetooth connection. The headphones lithium-polymer-battery is charged via USB, which is integrated in the headphone and can simply be plugged into your computer. There is also a mini-jack on the headphones, if you want to use them with a device which doesn’t support Bluetooth.
  • To ensure a carefree sleep, the hood NapCap comes together with the luggage lock NapSecure. It doesn‘t only lock your luggage, but is connect to your mobile phone via Bluetooth. If the luggage should be moved away from its owner further than one meter, he will be warned by an alarm on his headphones, his mobile phone and the lock itself.
  • The lock can be opened by using your mobile phone, but also through a mechanical lock, in case your battery is low or your phone is lost.
  • The Bluetooth lock is charged, same as the headphones, using an integrated USB port. The luggage lock and the headphones communicate via Bluetooth with the software NapApp which can be installed as well on touchscreen as on keyboard mobile phones.
  • Next to the control of the luggage lock, it contains a alarm clock which helps to wake up at according to your preferred time, location (if the mobile supports GPS) or sleep stage. With the help of a reaction game, which should be played directly after waking up, the software analyses how recreational your nap was and whether or not you should shorten or extend your next nap. Furthermore the software has a build in voice recorder, to capture the ideas you have just before dozing off.

Designer: Simone Wittmann

Napper – Sleeping In Public Hooded Shawl With Earphones and Bluetooth by Simone Wittmann

napper2

napper3

napper4

napper5

napper6

• Elizabeth says:

Wish it was for sale.

• Bianca says:

PLEASE make this available !!!! It’s awesome 😀

• Kasket says:

Did you even read the article?

• CJ says:

I hope you find some time now that you are settled and can do a kickstarter! I would absolutely buy one (or 2 or 3!)! LOVE this!

• Theresa says:

Love the design, wishing could have one for those long flights.

• Simone says:

thanks guys! your comments are really sweet! Maybe I’ll have to go back to the sewing machine myself

• Kate says:

This is fantastic. Would love one!

• kmelv says:

I have the technical sewing skills, if you need a seamstress for cheap. Just sayin.

• kmelv says:

I have the technical sewing skills, if you need a seamstress for cheap. Just saying.

• Simone says:

hey kmelv, send me an email, maybe we can work something out!

• Nikki says:

I’ll absolutely buy the wireless technology from you- I could sew the scarf itself, and desperately want one of these!Please let me know how I can get one!!!

• Nikki says:

Please please please commercialise this product! I will buy!!!! 🙂

• Wyki says:

I travel by air A LOT and would love something that helped me sleep as well as privacy. The other features are an added bonus. I never sleep on public transit without practically handcuffing my stuff to me so I would use it to lean on without the hood. I take it this is still not for sale so I’ll just leave a couple comments. I like Margo’s idea for it to have a waterproof layer. You never know when you’ll get stuck in rain. Also, I didn’t notice if there’s a pillow on both sides. If not I would suggest it would so no matter what side of the transit you are there is a cushion. Please sell this! I know people who work for an airline and they travel all the time and would use this. Unfortunately, I am in the medical field and do not know the markets and people to help you.

• Caro says:

If you kickstart this it will get funded.

• Mander says:

I randomly came across this on Pinterest, and I love it, too! I’m forever falling asleep on the train and this would make that a lot more comfortable. The thought and inventiveness that went into this is very impressive — I’d definitely contribute to a kickstarter fund!

• Bethany Poppe says:

Hi Simone, I have been looking everywhere for this product. It is just so fabulous! I really hope you get to a point where you can commercialize this product. I think you would have a lot of success. I am actually moving to Munich in a few months (I think I read that is where you are located). Please let me know if it is possible to have one made. I would be happy to provide you with feedback should your product get commercialized. Please email me if this is at all possible.

• Bridgette M says:

Want it!

• iza noor says:

love it

• randka says:

I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
    I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome weblog!

• Samantha says:

Hello! I am moving to France but will often be visiting Germany and I would definitely make the trip if this ever becomes available! Please email me if it does!

• simone says:

Thanks Samantha! We’re currently starting another attempt to have a basic version of the napcap produced. I’ll let you know how it works out!

• Katie Horning says:

Please let me know if you produce these! Would love this on my many travels!

• Hi, every time i used to check website posts here early
    in the dawn, for the reason that i love to gain knowledge
    of more and more.

• Ryleigh says:

Kickstart this! Seriously. I want to own it.

• Zoe says:

Please let me know if this becomes available for purchase!! It’s a must have!

• Simone says:

Thanks Zoe! I’ll let you know how things progress!

• Liz says:

I’d love to be put on a waiting list if you have one started! My sister travels the world for her job and I’m sure this would be something she’d find very useful!

• Liz says:

I’d love to be put on a waiting list
    if you have one started! My sister
    travels the world for her job and
    I’m sure this would be something
    she’d find very useful!

• Liz says:

I’d love to be put on a waiting list
    if you have one started!

• Caroline says:

I really wish this was for sale – I want it. Add me to a list for pre-purchase. Or if you kickstarter or anything – add me to a mailing list!

• Jones says:

I would most definitely purchase this. Is there a way to be put on a notification list for when this product becomes available?

• Christine says:

I would need about a half dozen of these! They look magical!! Oh, the possibilities!!

Have you thought about finding and Angel investor?

Whenever, wherever you sell, I will buy!!!

• Rachel says:

Please tell me you’ve found a way to make this happen. I think this is a great idea and desperately want one!

• Rachel says:

• Jerry Watts says:

Would love one or two or more! Great idea! If you get this wonderful product into production and sale, please let me know!

• Kerri Franklin says:

Hi Simone,

Can you let me know where you are up to with this, my husband is very interested in talking to you about taking the production further, it’s a fantastic project, very innovative. If you are interested please get in touch with us

Kind regards

Kerri

• Eve says:

Hello Simone-

When and where may I purchase this great item? I would like to order a few.

Thanks.

• Simone says:

Hi Eve,
    thanks for your interest! With a partner in New York I’m working on making the product real. Hopefully I’ll have some updates for you in the next months!
    Simone

• Simone says:

Hi Kerri,
    nice to hear from you. If you send me your contact details to wittmann.simone at gmail.com I’ll connect you to my partner in New York who’s working on making the product real.
    Simone

• Erin says:

Hi Simone,

I’m a graphic designer, and this project sounds like a fantastic one to get involved in! I’d certainly be interested in purchasing one in the future, and if you’re at a point where you’re looking into marketing materials/packaging, etc, I’d love to have the opportunity to chat with you about it!

Thanks, hope production goes well!!

Erin

• Carol Hatfield says:

I would love to have several in different colors. Both of my kids would love this as well, for more then just naps while traveling but in general waiting for appointments etc. Please keep me posted on status of your product.

• Megan Brenan says:

Depending on the price, I would love to order about 10 of them! Please keep me posted on when they will be available.

• Andrew says:

Hi Simone,
    Is there a website of facebook page I can watch to keep an eye on the progress of this awesome product?

• Simone says:

Thanks so much for your interest! My partner is working on a pre-sign-up page. I’ll let you know as soon as it goes online!
    Simone

• Alison says:

Has this come out yet?

• Kate Clack says:

I would buy one right now. In fact I was hoping they were available as I have a trip coming up later this month and this would be ideal! Please let me know if you ever make them or want to do them individually. Thanks!

• Cynthia Moed-Ring says:

Hi!

I came across the napcap on pinterest and wondered where I could buy one. Would be awesome both on planes (the pillows they have can be dirty, nice to have your own thing!), trains, buses etc.

And a facebook-page would be great! To be able to follow the progress 🙂

Greetings from Finland!

Cynthia

• Jessi Smith says:

This would be great for people and kids with sensory processing disorder or people with autism / aspergers. My son has both and background noise can be very distracting to them. This would give them a calming place to retreat to in public. A hoodie with the Bluetooth speakers would be cool too. Love your product. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• kelly rae says:

Love this concept! Wish it were on kickstarter to be made 🙂

• kelli says:

I would love one! Please keep us updated!

• Erica says:

I would love to know when we can sign up for this! I would love to own one! Please keep me updated!

• Simone says:

Thanks Erica! We’ve made some progress lately as we found a new producer. Hopeing to share some food news soon!

• Tiffany says:

Great product! I would buy several! I am a migraine sufferer and would use them when I was in public and had a migraine. Also, I am so sensitive to bright lights, I would use it sitting in doctors offices, or just having to wait anywhere that was bright for a long time, or loud…I could just plug in my music, or talk on my phone with more privacy. Great idea. Go on “Shark Tank”. I know several people who would buy this product. Live in or travel to MS, LA, TN, AL, FL, MA, & PA and overseas…military personnel also….we like to sleep or rest or be incognito at times. lol