Monitor Your Power Diet

Diet charts are hard to monitor, but keeping a tab on what your power-hungry gizmos is not so cumbersome, easy in fact. You need stuff like the DIET WATT system to do the calculations for you. The DIET WATT_Sub keeps a tab on the plug of the gadget and displays consumption info in real time. It transmits the readings to the DIET WATT_Main, which is the hub of info and calculations for all your appliances. The idea is that the results will put you on this guilt trip and encourage your to conserve rather than squander our resources.

Designers: Hyun Joo Lee & Eu Tteum Lee

diet_watt

Diet Watt Electricity Usage Monitor by Hyun Joo Lee & Eu Tteum Lee

diet_watt3

• meira says:

I like it, it’s simple and too the point.

• Hi,
    Could I get further information on this product? Could I also get to know who is/will be marketing this product and how soon it will be available for market use…
    Thanks,
    Zurath

• Seko says:

Hi zurath

Did you get more info about this product? I am also intrested. I am from belgium.
      Could you let me know? Thank you!

kind regards

Seko

• Seko says:

Hi zurath

Could you let me know? Thank you!

kind regards

Seko

• bamsse says:

What about the resources and the energy used to manifacture such products?

• Canterburry says:

Also, the energy consumption of wireless devices is not low.

If you want to see how much energy each device is wasting, read the instructon manual that comes with it, where it exactly states if it uses 12V or higher.

You can then do the math yourself and know how much is wasted.

There, your Design is USELESS, thanks to simple MATH. Think before posting, damnit!

• Electric says:

You are so stupid. What goes through the sockets is alternative current not continuous. So your math is useless because your gadget will not consume every our the same amount. It will use more or less according to the way you use it. Why don’t you try thinking ?

• omur says:

Nice and usefull design it seems to be..