Colors For Cooking

Coral is this elegant pan that you can use for cooking and serving, but unlike the rest of the gang, this one comes coated with thermochromic spots. The pale blue dots turn into bright orange beauties, as the temperature of the pot increases. The handles on the pan comes off easily, thanks to the plug-spring system used. This ways you get to cook safely and efficiently and then slide off the pan-handle and serve right away!

“People recognize the kitchen as the soul of the house, from the pans, pots and casseroles the aromas and unique flavors will give a hint of its host. It is the beginning of a meeting or a party or a simple family warmth.”

Designers: William Spiga & Juliana Martins
2D Animation: Daniel Paronetto

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLjwdCu_68 468 344]

Coral Thermochromic Cook and Serve Pan by William Spiga & Juliana Martins

coral2

coral6

coral3

coral4

coral5

• RB says:

Liked the concept, loved the image. Gratz

• omar gidi says:

woww i made a proyect exacti with this concespt of the undetachable handle in mi 4th semester of college but with out he color i liked the video

• fencesitter says:

The T-Fal thermo-spot pan has been doing this for a while now.

As for indicating temperature- why do you want to know what the temperature of the outside of the pan is?

And how well would this work with induction which heats up mainly the bottom of the pan? (vs. gas where the flames lick up the side of the pan)

• William Spiga says:

Hi Fencesitter,

I realize it’s a concept project, so it has some points that should be tested/improved, like the termocromic coating exposure on fire.

One of the main ideas of why indicate the temperature on the outside it’s to avoid burning, especially from kids and elders. In my way of seeing it, it’s a way to educate children, making an object communicates with the user, in a very intuitive way.

I’m glad to hear your opnion about it. It’s nice to get some critics.

Thanks for your words,

William Spiga

• Louis Krause says:

Awesome idea but what a terrible visual design.

• orthorim says:

I’ll wait for a tasteful version. thanks a bunch.

The idea of having the pot indicate temperature is a very good one. But the pattern IMO is revolting. Make it brushed dark aluminum with a simple white/red/orange bar on it and I’m sold.

• phlavor says:

OR it could tell you what temperature the pan is. Which would be useful. People just want pretty things though.

• mif991 says:

As in all cases, it depends on how much it will cost. Patterns and colors can easily be offered. I own an oriental tea cup set where the image is an oriental girl; when the hot tea is served, the heat undresses her….

• kathalunke says:

Very nice pattern!

• Haze says:

The best part is the removable handle!!!

• sam says:

Interesting pot. Where is the photo from?

• hayden31 says:

where do you get theses?

• I like the design. It has a certain retro feel. Just my style. I understand that others might not love it, but it would go perfectly in my home.