Agreed, IKEA Is Totally Inspiring

From its stylish furniture to this totally awesome concept vehicle, we all have to agree that IKEA is an inspirational brand! An identity that stands for sustainable, quality and stylized pieces at affordable prices and cannot be better reflected. This electric battery driven vehicle is very spacious and has a flexible interior. Meaning you can re-arrange the seating options to suit you. The head lights are bright OLED panels that can host changeable graphics, making it totally disco dynamite!

The vehicle uses in-wheel motors that are powered by the two battery packages placed in the front and back. The lower transparent surface and line is a dominant feature of the exteriors.

What caught my fancy is the light-up touchscreen dashboard and the pop-up display. Oh, and I forgot wooden paneling as well.

Designer: Robert Larsson

IKEA Concept Vehicle by Robert Larsson

ikeacar4

ikeacar2

ikeacar3

ikeacar5

• matt marrocco says:

what the hell is this? how does it have anything to do with ikea at all? if ikea made a car at all, it would probably be matte finish, and the headlamps would double as removable flashlights. This car is all (bad) styling, with no thought whatsoever put into materials, finishes or SOLUTIONS. Decent sketches, though…

• tiffanywan says:

Ikea = sustainable?? As much as I love Ikea’s design and KD assembly, it’s certainly not a sustainable brand nor do I think they really stand for one.

“Ikea promotes the worst kind of consumerism and waste.”
    From a Fast Company article: http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/michael-cannell/cannell/ikea-paragon-discount-wastefulness

Regardless, intriguing vehicle concept 🙂

• lzoeozl says:

看起来不错,没看到方向盘·~How can I drive it?

• Harry says:

It’s a very preliminary design, almost looks like the chair is the focus and everything else issurrounding the idea of the chair. Mechanically speaking, it is almost impossible for the door and steering wheel mechanism. I do like the idea of side mirror becoming a live video camera. Always thought of that myself~

• tudza says:

Ikea? Ever put together any Ikea furniture? Ever have to move it? Utter crap.

• karl says:

yeah, that steering wheel is pretty ikea

• AL says:

even if caught because of automotive design, it looks not mature design-concept at all, cheers!

• hill says:

I’m sorry..but i can’t find any of Ikea’s element on the form of the car..except the furniture you put inside it..However,your sketches is great..

• Christine says:

Wow, looks……..safe.

• siegfred dabon says:

OMG! YOU NEED TO EAT MORE PIZZA ON THIS.THIS IS FUN VEHICLE!!!!! GREAT IKEA IDEA THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!….

THE SEATING MUST BE BOTH INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FUNCTION AS WELL.THIS GREAT FOR WEEKEND TOURING VEHICLE.PROVIDE ROOFTOP CADDY ,PLEASE…

• Angela says:

HAha. Would they include a set of hex keys so you can fix it yourself? In case something gets loose on the way to the nearest IKEA? It’s a brilliant full-circle idea to IKEA consumerism. I do admit. Looks like it would fit some boxes.

• Julia says:

I’d drive that. <3

• Zumes says:

Its not that aerodynamic. Its shaped exactly like a box, and those type of cars dont get good milage as oppose to the cars that are slanted at the end.

• Zumes says:

• TheReviewer says:

Thats kind of like a fat short bat mobile. (Only when it lights up)

• Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

• It’s hard to come by well-informed people about this subject, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks