Packit Potz is an attempt to do away with the plastic pots that most green-thumbed folks resort to these days. This flat pack version is more sustainable and is designed boost the growth of the plants through natural means. After its done living like a pot, it doubles up a micro greenhouse and an insect and slug repellent, which hopefully will increase the yield of crops or lifespan of plants. It’s made from Low Opacity Polypropylene and apparently production and transportation costs are minimal.
Quick facts from the designer:
– A distinctive range of flat pack plant pots.
– Easy to store and considerably less space is required for transportation.
– Durable and safe Polypropylene material that can in no way contaminate the contents.
– No glues or harmful chemicals required.
– Simple processes for manufacture and easily scaled to match plant sizes.
– Encouraged for use as a micro greenhouse and active slug guard, when plants are grounded.
– Easy to wipe clean for re-use.
– Made from recyclable materials
– Can also be used indoors thanks to the potz simple clean aesthetics.
– Visible roots so it is easier to tell when the plant needs to be transferred from potz to garden.
Designer: Anton Webb