Aimo – Portable Sonogram by Duck Young Kong

With “Aimo” parents can begin forming an emotional bond with their child while it’s still in the womb. The device allows a mother to produce and capture sonograms of her baby with a built-in digital ultrasonic camera. Free from complex interfaces, she simply places “Aimo” on her belly and captures the image. A sound receiver allows her to listen to child’s heartbeat as corresponding abstract images are displayed on the device’s LCD screen.

Designer: Duck Young Kong [ Via: Core77 ]

• terry says:

i think this device would be great to have for women

• picu says:

Where can I buy the Aimo – Portable Sonogram by Duck Young Kong???

• Felix Miguel says:

Cuanto cuesta?

• jude says:

great idea, however with ongoing studies still questioning the harmful effects ultrasonic waves have on undeveloped fetus brain cells we should probably limit exposure to purely medical purposes.

• NaKkA says:

Hi guyz;

Technical concerns:

1) as mentioned by Jude: you can’t seriously give free access to this kind of device to mums: indeed: they harmful waves may have a disastrous effect on foetus if the device is used frequently (and I dont know many future mum who wouldt try to see her future baby everyday).

2) the way you use it is currently IMPOSSIBLE: the technology available requires a total transmission of the ultrasonic waves from the devive to the object to analyse. The best way to make waves propagate: metal or liquid environment (thats why doctors apply gel on the probe and the belly to have total permeation). I would suggest to rethink the way of usage of the device in a way that you need a gel like dispensing system (not very convenient I agree)

Design touch: would emphasize on the stereo communication between the mum and the baby, but still this foetus-fone remains still a great execution.

NaKkA …. tech-NaKkaLy-feasible? 😉

• crystal says:

I think this idea is amazing to think about, minus all the problems that may be linked to ultrasonic waves. If one was to see it as a tool for trubbled or difficult pregnancys a son to be mother could use this device to check in sorta on her babe if she feels somethings rong in there. A mothere could also use it to see if the child was developing at a normal rate to. so i say its a good thing that we have come this far. now letts see if we can find ultrasonic waves that promote a healthy brain growth in fetuses

• Randy Lee says:

Randy, need to admit NOW: home on Cambridge is our servants quarters. Our Chateau is having a house warming; attended by George Bush and Dick Cheney. I’m inviting you to enter our world of the rich and famous. Are you up to it?

• Lieutenant Colonel S says:

I would love to attend. I am an Iraq Combat Vet and am so proud of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Please advise

• Lieutenant Colonel Steve Smith says:

• Serdar Tumerdem says:

Where can I buy the Aimo – Portable Sonogram? Answer please..

• Carl says:

another digital designer lost in dreamworld. try making something rather than rendering your bollox idea.

• Jo says:

Hi!
    How much it cost and where can I buy it?

• no says:

is this design? it’s white, it’s soft shaped… so it’s a design product.
    STOP guys ! it’s a waste of material, using high technology (perhaps jeopardize baby, but…), which consumes a lot of energy, whereas you can use a simple stethoscope. Moreover, this product shows a huge ignorance of this subject.
    So, is this design???

• manisha says:

The Idea is really Great!
    It has a very good Visual Appeal!
    Can be Fantastic for the parents if it works the way u want it to work!

• Patty says:

How many cost the aimo

• Patty says:

How many cost the aimo

• portrait painting says:

This is very good, by this, i can see my baby and listen his voice, i am so eager to see my baby, but every time i must go to hospital, now by Aimo, it is easy, hope it is not expensive.

• portrait painting says:

• I want to buy it for my wife. has this been manufactured already?

• feez says:

where can I buy one.

• Flooring says:

Not sure about this one, does it really work?

• Tropic53 says:

Hi

As a disabled high risk ultrasound technologist,I am VERY impressed by this unique ultrasound device. Does it utilize any 3/4D technology? I assume you are using doppler technology to hear the baby’s heartbeat. Since that is using continuous wave instead of pulsed wave technology, I worry about it’s safety if used by people who are unaware of the technologies used.

Not sure if it is safe for All pregnant women and their families, but I love the device.

How much??

• Maryline says:

Are they not questions about the effect that ultrasound have on baby, and therefore doing it constantly is putting your baby at risk?

• mehmet says:

Berhaba ben mehmet Türkiye de yasiyorum zizin bulusunuz olan AÍMO cok mükemmel urunu Türkiye de pazarlamak istiyorum bana yardimci olabilir seniz cok mutlu olurum.

• jd says:

you are a damn idiot.

• Hi, after reading this remarkable post i am too happy
    to share my knowledge here with friends.

• Every weekend i used to visit this website, as i want enjoyment, since this
    this web site conations genuinely pleasant funny information too.