We never get a chance to see how the hot and cold water blend together within the faucet, before it cascades out like a stream. The Pavati Tap builds upon this element, to showcase how beautifully the two streams of water can create drama whilst you wash your hands. A Y-shaped waterfall effect mixes the cold and hot water into a single mutual waterfall, for your viewing pleasure. Sweet!
- All the components of traditional taps such as the spout and dials were incorporated into the Pavati’s body.
- The dual streams will vary in position and size depending on how the temperature dials are adjusted and thus the dual waterfalls also lend themselves to becoming a visual indicator of the current water temperature.
- The Pavati uses standard mechanical parts which are in strong contrast to its avant-garde design aesthetic.
- Using standard tap components was a very important factor in the design of the Pavati tap. The tap fits standard basins and uses generic cartridges for regulating the flow of water. When changing the temperature, the rotational force applied to the temperature dials is transferred via a flex shaft to the 180 degree turn cartridges.
- Due to the use of standard components, the tap installation can easily be achieved with standard tools.
Designer: Salmon Nortje