What Color Would Your Tail Be?

Did you know that at one point in your life you had a tail? That’s right – as an embryo you had a tail that was about one-sixth of your size, but as you grew it eventually disappeared. Personally, I wouldn’t mind having one now- as long as I could use it! But I guess I’ll have to settle for the next best thing- the Tail Stool is a whimsical seating design that balances on a small, flat surface, giving the illusion that the sitting person has a bright, dragon-like tail!

Designer: Y Zin Chang

• EILIER says:

I’d love to have a seat!

• Matt Zipfel says:

Sorry – I just see a fundamental flaw with this…something to do with the law of leverage…!!!

• Carlos says:

function over form fail!

• Goldie says:

you might aswell hand people your bag instead of them walkin past and taking it

• Hm … It doesn’t look balance. Quite effraied to sit on it… :S

• Maryline says:

oook. Why would anyone want a tail? Why would anyone use the end of the tail to hang their bag, you might as well yell “Anyone who wants my bag come and get it”. and third this is taking a lot of space for no added function. The customer might like not having someone breathing down their back in a crowded bar, but it makes it more difficult for people to get to the bar and spend money. And the form is simply awkward.
    NOT!

• I thought the same. I wouldn’t want my bag that far away behind me where I can’t see it.

• adam says:

This is awful! How did this make it on the feature page of Yanko? This design is impossibly unbalanced, and as someone else said, the bag is practically presenting itself to be stolen by anyone walking by.

• Garry says:

I think the seat will be attached to the ground. I can see why it isn’t a good idea to have these in your bar, but they do look good. maybe in a quiet bar for dinosaur fan. ha ha.

• Fran says:

The concept is curious, something interesting for children or thematic lounge maybe. Sorry but even lead on the base can´t make that stand up. Yanko is really decreasing your quality. “Form beyond function”, they say. What a waste of material and space.

• WZhangID says:

Aside from the fact that there is no way this thing can stand on it’s own, someone is going to trip over that tail and sue. There is a reason why humans don’t have tails….

Wow Yanko will put anything up here… “how low can you go?”

• Pingback: Tail Stool
  • S. Hitt says:

smoke it, do not suggest it!