Split-Face Sink, Very Nice!

It’s so natural for us to put all the dirty dishes into the sink and come back later to tackle them. Wouldn’t it be great if our sink got intelligent enough and cleaned up the mess automatically? Ah, the pleasures of the concept world peppered with practical solutions! Here’s the Pure Washer – Eco Automatic Sink that does just this. It’s a sink that is divided into two rotatable parts, where in one part you put in the dishes, and it rotates away under the counter to wash them. The other part is a mirror image to the first and is ready to take in your next cycle.

Besides being a space-saving idea, the washing technique is eco-sensitive as well; it functions using only the minimal resources required, based on the space occupied by the dishes in the chamber. There is a cycle for washing fruits and vegetables included as well. What a perfect sink!

Designer: AHHA Project

• Manigandan says:

Is this for sale yet? or is it just the design concept

• Manigandan says:

Is this for sale yet? or is it just the design concept

• houghi says:

Eco-sensitive? Would it not be more Eco friendly if you washed by hand?

• actually no. The rinse cycle of even economy dishwashers uses less water than hand washing does.

And I'm guessing you're implying water can be "wasted." That's a misconception. It gets for re-usage by filtration of solids, anti-microbial 'disinfection,' and coagulation of small solids. It doesn't float away from Earth, never to be used again.

• Blackcoldsun says:

the term wasting water comes from wasting extra energy and resources to purify it. Also, a single sample can only be filtered and chemically treated so many times.

• stevegavel says:

then what happens to it? energy can neither destroyed nor created. same with water

• Joris says:

Bullshit, water is water.

It can be treated an infinite amount of times because at the end you end up with H2O, which doesn't change.
          The only problem is how effecient your cleaning cycle is.
          Afrer a whikle the impurities in that cycle require the water to be dumped into nature, which breaks anything in there doen eventually.

• n8b8s says:

That's not usually the case, as this article I found after a little Google investigating discusses. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/built-in-

• houghi says:

Eco-sensitive? Would it not be more Eco friendly if you washed by hand?

And I'm guessing you're implying water can be “wasted.” That's a misconception. It gets for re-usage by filtration of solids, anti-microbial 'disinfection,' and coagulation of small solids. It doesn't float away from Earth, never to be used again.

• Blackcoldsun says:

• stevegavel says:

• Joris says:

Bullshit, water is water.

The only problem is how effecient your cleaning cycle is.

• n8b8s says:

• evergreen says:

Very simple and most beautiful idea! I want to this for me home

• evergreen says:

Very simple and most beautiful idea! I want to this for me home

• Lasse says:

What if you wanna use your sink while the machine is doing it's thing? And i think that the water would splash when it hits some of the objects down the sink with a hard beam

• argentangel says:

If you read the description you would see that the sink rotates below the counter and a new basin is waiting to get dishes. Much like a multiple cd changer.

• Lasse says:

• argentangel says:

• DrAnne says:

Would it not be more eco-friendly by hand? I doubt it — from the way I see how people wash dishes, they use WAY too much soap and water. I've even seen people leave the sink running.

• DrAnne says:

• sue says:

mashine wash is always more eco friendly than hand wash!!! always been!!

• sue says:

mashine wash is always more eco friendly than hand wash!!! always been!!

• Matt Jobson says:

I get the concept, and it's good for lazy people, but the concept is also a bit lazy.

The bottom of the sink is supposed to rotate right? But all you have done is used the same image and added a hand gesture? Rotate it and show it in the act of rotation (and then you will realise the 2nd issue. The counter in the example is too narrow to facilitate a full rotation)

I guess i'm just a practical guy.

• Matt Jobson says:

I guess i'm just a practical guy.

• The Jackson says:

Visually there is not enough room for a full cylinder shape (it is supposed to be cylinder divided in two parts, right?) I'd prefer to see sectional view.

• Yes, you are correct in saying that there is not enough room for a full cylinder… its a concept design that you should consider growing an imagination for… I think its a great idea for couples that have no kids and do not like to entertain. But for those who only use/have 4 of each dish they own (2 for each side) and eat one meal a day, its fully functional. Also great for people who don't want to wash their pots and pans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the design and Idea is beautiful, but this product would market towards a very small demographic of customers. Personally I use 3-4 plates/bowls a day. It might work if it was the size of a large utility sink.

• The Jackson says:

• Dan says:

Great idea (I'm in uni halls right now and my bedroom sink is full of clutter) but I think it would be even better if, above the dishwasher part, there was a removable sink basin which slots in at the top. That way you could still use the sink normally for e.g. washing spuds when you need to as well.

• Dan says:

• Niel Jacobsen says:

I've seen these before….wait they're called dishwashers.

• Niel Jacobsen says:

I've seen these before….wait they're called dishwashers.

• I want one when & where can we buy?

• I want one when & where can we buy?

• phylem says:

I like the design. It’s very efficient. Most bars and clubs have a similar but simpler design for a dish washer that doesn’t incorporate the sink. My question is this; where does the water flow from? (from the top down or bottom up?) And how does the sink work? Meaning is each half a solid sink with a drain, or is there a mesh cage that rotates in the sink itself. I would think a bottom up design for the water coupled with a rotating “cage” or “rack” like a normal dishwasher would be your best bet.

• Marcus says:

So it's basically a dishwasher and a sink, combined…
    I like the idea. Sounds like a huge space saver and very cheap to make as opposed to buying and installing a regular sink and a dishwasher in you kitchen. However, it would have to be much bigger to accommodate all the dishes an average person uses and for that it becomes an inconveniently large object . Unless it was installed somewhere where the back could go further into the wall, it would be too big for the average kitchen.

• Marcus says:

So it's basically a dishwasher and a sink, combined…

• Anna K. says:

It looks like the redesign of PureWasher from DesignLab 2007!

That’s really bold!

• Thirdly, urine is sticky, and if not safely removed it will cause other soils to stick to
    it so that over time, the spot will gradually darken. Another
    safe alternative is to use a solution of 1
    part vinegar to 3 parts water. ) He finally called the service manager, even though the dealership was out of his district and said, ‘Did you have
    the technician who worked on the car perform a pre-repair test drive with my Dad’.